Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

HOW MUCH PROGRESS CAN BE MADE ON THE CLEAN UP WITH THOSE TOY TRUCKS & WAGONS???? WHY ARE THEY WORKING IN WHAT COULD APPEAR TO BE LITTLE STREETS AND NEIGHBORHOODS, BEFORE THEY CLEAN UP THE MASS ROUTES IN AND OUT OF HERE?

I took my daily ride today to check up on how the clean up is progressing.  With paper and pen in hand I made notes and believe I went down almost every street in Wedgefield.  I started at the water and went all the way down to the condo area.  I encourage you to make the trip.  First there doesn't seem to be any real logical plan, second the legitimate debris on our main streets, Wraggs Ferry and Wedgefield is unbelievable.  It is ugly and could be dangerous on these narrow roads.  There are curves on both Wraggs Ferry and Wedgefield where it is difficult to know what is coming at you, often over the mid line, that with current piles, are making things worse. 

Why are we doing streets like Haig Ct., Captain Anthony White, Patriot Ct, before we take care of the roads that are traveled by all of us????  There is no pattern - Haig Court is on the other end of the association and impacts very few people. Can't wait for the trumped up answer to this! This could appear to be nothing more than favoritism by our Treasurer/Duke.  What other reason could there be?

Who put the Treasurer in charge of this project?  It appears from the outside that he is running this show.  I realize the Grounds Chair had a health problem, but he was at the meetings on the 12th and 18th.  The Duke has his hands in everything - Treasurer, Compliance, Legal, ARC, Drainage, and now this mad grab??????

As I rode around today, I didn't see any big trucks.  There were two pick up trucks dragging, in one case rental trailers the size of wagons!  None of the equipment said S & W. One truck said "Custom Builders" and the other - "Carolina Outdoors".  The wagons/trailers said "Come Back Rentals".  At 11:30am, I didn't see one S&W vehicle.  What is going on here?

Additionally, how are we ever going to get this done quickly, cost effective, with residents digging out ornamental grasses with all their weight, prunings, items that the storm couldn't possibly have damaged?  Take a drive, I've seen it for myself.

I've provided a the association map and colored in RED the areas served, to the best of my ability.  I'll continue to try and update it daily.  You should take a drive around and verify it for yourself.  NOTE:  THIS ALL BEGAN AT THE CENTER OF CONCERN OF OUR TREASURER, AT THE DUKEDOM, RATHER THAN THE CENTER OF OUR ASSOCIATION - THE CIRCLE, WEDGEFIELD ROAD, AND WRAGGS FERRY!