Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WHEN, OR WILL, THE WPA ANSWER MY REQUEST TO REVIEW RECORDS, AS REQUESTED UNDER STATE LAW, PROVIDED TO ME BY DE MARCHI

HERE IS WHAT I SENT AGAIN TODAY:

Wedgefield Office <WEDGEASSOC.COM@frontier.com>
Subject:No Response To Request to Review Records
Priority:NormalDate:Wednesday, March 4, 2015 8:37 AMSize:3 KB
PLEASE DISTRIBUTE TO THE BOARD AND PLACE A COPY IN THE CORRESPONDENCE FILE 
 
Board, the following request was left in the locked drop box at the office, with 
a $500 check.  The check for our assessment has been cashed, leaving me to 
believe that you also received my letter/request.  I have not received an 
answer.  I have since had medical tests scheduled for March 5th.  I'd like to 
change the date to review the records to March 10, at 1:00 PM.   I'd appreciate 
a timely response. 
  
 
HERE IS THE LETTER: 
 
February 24, 2015 
 
TO:  WPA BOARD 
 
FROM:  Madeline Y. Claveloux 
 
RE:  INSURANCE QUESTION & REQUEST TO REVIEW RECORDS 
 
At the end of the January WPA Board Meeting, a resident asked the board whether 
the association insurance policy allowed for, or covered volunteers who were 
performing work on association projects.  Legal Chair, Garrison said that he 
didn’t know.  The question is important, as during the meeting the board 
discussed the fact that volunteers would be working on the gatehouse project.  
During previous meetings, it had been stated from the board table, that there 
was mold in the gatehouse.  Since the January meeting, I have observed board 
member McMillin, and a committee volunteer sweeping up debris around the 
gatehouse, with a open trailer parked near by, containing moldy dry wall.  Did 
the board, prior to any work being done inside the mold infested (hazardous) 
gatehouse, verify that volunteers are covered while performing manual and 
sometimes, hazardous work for the association, either through review of the 
policy, or phone call to the insurance provider? If so, I’d like to review the 
portion of the policy that states that volunteers are covered in these 
situations.  My reason for the request is that I am concerned for the health and 
safety of our volunteers, and I believe the board is endangering our insurance 
coverage.  
 
I would also like to review the most recent Request for Proposal and bid 
response (2), for the gatehouse fix.  The reason for the request is that I would 
like to see whether there was consistency in following proper bid procurement 
processes.  A lack of consistency has been observed in previous reviews, and 
during discussions at the board table. 
 
I would like to come to the office on March 5th, at 1:00PM, to review the 
records. I am giving more than a 5-business day request for the review of 
records, as required by state law, which was sent to me by board member, 
DeMarchi quite some time ago. 
 
Please note that a $500 check for our 2014 assessment is included with this 
request, making me a member in good standing.  As long as our board changes the 
policy manual in an apparent attempt to circumvent the By-Laws, I will continue 
to pay our assessment at the last possible moment, to avoid late fees. 
 
 
P