Total Pageviews

Monday, July 27, 2015

AN UPDATE ON THE ARTICLE REGARDING VACANT LOT MOWING, POSTED TODAY, JULY 27

Today, a lawn mowing team arrived, after the article was posted (a few hours),  and mowed the vacant lot adjacent to my property, FOR THE FIRST TIME, IN ALMOST A YEAR!  Did the lot owner have a contract with the WPA?  We may never know.  You can't even say the board has a don't ask, don't tell policy, because I have asked, and they just won't tell, when it involves one of their own, another board member, who they have allowed to use unusual tactics, against a resident, and failed to bring him to the board table, and get it out in the open, and discipline, according to our governing documents.

The board hired a new landscape contractor this year.  The grounds chair, in the middle of a discussion about another contractor and project, said "you could do to them, what I did to Great Lawns" - the former landscape contractor.  Another board member, I believe, our president, said, "don't talk about that".  I don't have a oar in the water to who the board hires, but why do they, and you, allow them, to say, "don't talk about it", at the board table? One could assume, easily, THAT SOMETHING SMELLED - FISHY, REAL FISHY, OLD DEAD FISHY,  and your board appeared aware, and didn't want you to know they operated that way.  When did that kind of behavior become OK, from the board table, when they should be operating, as though, they operated in a fish bowl?

The old WPA landscape contractor, is my lawn mowing contractor - Great Lawns, and I have nothing but praise, for how they have helped me, during the almost year, that the unmowed lot adjacent to me, kept seeding weeds, in a l50 foot flower garden that borders it.  I've poisoned a foot out from my flower bed, in an attempt to try and keep the weed invasion down.  Several times, Great Lawns, has mowed one, or two wide strips on the vacant lot, to help me.  THANKS GREAT LAWNS FOR A JOB WELL DONE, at a time, when the grounds chair, was silenced by my board, who did nothing to help, and didn't want me, and other resident's to know, what the grounds chair attempted to brag about, "what he had done to Great Lawns."