Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 18, 2017

AN OPEN LETTER TO BOARD MEMBER MC MILLIN. WHY NOT JUST WRITE THE BOARD? YOU'LL SEE, BUT IF I WERE YOU - ANY RESIDENT, PARTICULARLY A CANAL RESIDENT WHO HAS PAID THEIR FIRST $400 TOWARD THE PROPOSED DREDGE, I'D WANT AN ANSWER

If you have comments you are welcome to send them to:  wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com.  Your name, and any identifying information will be removed from the email, and published on the blog.

HERE IS MY OPEN LETTER TO BOARD MEMBER MC MILLIN.

Board Member McMillin,

I respectfully hope that you will answer a question that you created with a comment at a recent board meeting.  You wouldn't answer it publicly at the meeting, but as a member in good standing I believe that I have a right to an answer, as every member does, particularly canal lot owners who are considering a voluntary donation to the proposed maintenance dredge.

BACKGROUND:
At the end of a recent board meeting, during resident comments, Madeline Claveloux, asked board member John Walton how the board could have allowed the spoil site to be neglected to the point that the board had to consider the cost of a controlled burn to clear it.  John Walton had stated during the board meeting that during the last dredge that cleaning up and preparing the spoil site was more costly than the dredge itself.  Claveloux went on to say that she understood that the regular maintenance of the spoil site was included in the grounds contract, and that you had told her previously that all the terms of the previous grounds contractor contract had been met.  Therefore, it would be assumed that the spoil site had been maintained.  You, board member McMillin, stated that everyone at the board table knew why, yet you, nor no one at that board table would say what you all knew, when you knew it, and why the residents were not informed during the regular process of governing openly from the board table.

THE QUESTIONS:
Please tell me, as a resident in good standing, what exactly you knew, who else knew, and when and where the discussion was held to quit maintaining the spoil site?  How could you say that all the terms of the maintenance contract were met, when the spoil site very obviously had been intentionally neglected?

I'll appreciate a timely, respectful response, in writing.

END OF LETTER

Residents, I am not sending this letter.  I get enough abuse from this board.  When I had these questions, from the floor board member Garrison thanked board member Anderson at one point for answering me stating "I wouldn't be as nice".  I had also questioned Anderson about "lost mail", with my questions.  It is nasty dealing with the board, and I will take a nasty unprofessional hit from them as they attempt to cover their tracks, but not on this.  I'm saving my grin and bare it for other items.  I don't do it at this time because I've made my decision about the dredging based on a whole lot of illegal - illegal as in "according to our governing documents", hidden meetings, no discussion at the board table, illegal allocation of WPA funds, etc.  I want the canals dredged, but not under their half baked, hidden action agenda.  Perhaps if you have contributed, or are considering it, you'd want an answer.