Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

THE SEPTEMBER WPA BOARD MEETING


I attended the September WPA board meeting last night with about 18 other people.  The above picture suits what happened to a "T".  The total disregard for good governance took center stage, along with your board's usual planned scenes of questioning and drama.  To a serious, regular attendee of such board theater, I give myself a "constraint" award for restraining myself from laughing out loud.  I managed it until I got to the car, and secured a promise from my husband that he would hand deliver a glass of wine to my favorite seat on the covered porch.

We are off to appointments today, so it will be late in the day before I can publish.  Prepare yourself to read about:

*The new parking area design and contract for the office.  The discussion brought total disregard for residents, including the handicapped.  Comedy and posed drama gets an A.  Good governance gets an F.

*We have more issues as to who pays for some tree cutting on a private non canal lot.  Interesting!  Intrigue, and forgetfulness, while properly "staged", gets and A for ACTORS performance.  Good governance gets an F.  The stand up resident who made comments during resident comments - a fairly new resident - gets an A for his standup and be counted presentation!

*The community liaison stated all correspondence was answered. Was this theater allowed embellishment?  He hasn't answered one of my questions, and it is an important one.  It appears the resident with the Hurricane Matthew tree in his ditch, which caused 7 feet of flooding didn't get a complete answer either.  I can't give away all the plots of this drama now.  More later.

Residents, I just can't make this stuff up!  Stay tuned for the scene by scene reporting of your board's latest theater event - unfortunately the September board meeting.