Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 16, 2012

DRIVE SAFELY - BE VERY ALERT - THANK YOUR BOARD IF YOU RECEIVED A TICKET

Your big brother board has determined that they know how to keep you safe.  A few months ago the board had rumble strips on their agenda.  DeMarchi claimed that a resident had requested them.  Since all requests, comments, etc., are to be in writing I visited the correspondence file. There weren't any requests for rumble strips.  Rumor had it that they were DeMarchi's idea.

Last Friday there were a lot of "blue lights" on Wedgefield Rd.  Saturday I attended a party hosted by two of Wedgefield's social groups.  Three people at the party had been pulled over and ticketed.  I believe the fines were $155.00 and 4 points on their license.  One of them told me that the officer stated that the HOA board had called and wanted the police presence.  When did the board decide this?  It wasn't at the November meeting.  I was there.  We haven't had the December meeting yet.  Could this have been the act of one or two board members using their status as board members?  I don't know.  Someone should ask.  Will it be you?

Admittedly, like all communities, we have some speeders, those who fail to stop, etc. The three people I met last night at the party are not the speeders and tailgaters.  They were all over 65 and are upstanding citizens in this community. I don't need to be protected from them. If I felt I was in danger I would contact the authorities on my own.  I don't need the board playing big brother.  In the least, IF THIS WAS A BOARD  (full board vote) action, I would expect that as a resident, I would have been made aware before they brought the authorities into our association.  This is just more of your board playing big brother because they appear to think that they know more about what is best for you and perhaps you aren't smart enough to act in your own behalf.