Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 9, 2013

WHAT IS POLITICAL AND WHAT IS JUST PLAIN EVIL?

I sometimes wonder what motivates people.  Is it a cause, a strong belief in what should or shouldn't be done, in the world around them? That I somewhat understand.  I'm a political person on many levels.  I know what I believe about my federal, state, county, city/town, or my Wedgefield governance.  Most of us form our views with facts pertinent to the issues, go about supporting, or changing circumstance, legally and ethically.  That's political.

Wedgefield has had the kind of politics where some on opposing sides of an issue, don't look to  governing documents, and good governance, but want what they want and go after individuals, rather than the issues, with an EVIL VENGEANCE.

That's where we are today.  We have a Wedgefield resident who has been dealing with a  private life changing circumstance, who has been targeted for years, because of their political views, work, and actions. The individual has kept the private circumstance to themselves and worked to move forward, with dignity and purpose.  Yet, we have Wedgefield residents who are carrying on to harm this resident, attempting to use this private matter, to further their side's political gain.  It isn't in the cards.

Where is human dignity and kindness?  It doesn't reside with many of our residents.  Some board members and their spouses have been frantically calling friends of friends, trying to gather information on my resident friend's situation.  Not to help, but to be the first to get the word out.  Most of the rumors they have cast about in an effort to harm, may have some small element of truth, but for the most part, are inaccurate.  Why would they care about a personal matter?

Can you imagine people who aren't close, who have harmed the individual at times, calling for information to feed their malicious group?  Well, they have.  I'm told when they couldn't get the information they needed, they added their own, and made our resident the topic of conversation at a dinner at the Plantation House about a week ago.  They were so full of themselves and driven to be harmful to one of our own, that they broadcast an email with their half truths, to the group with their political persuasion.  Who has time, or thought for such malicious actions?  Many of those who lied, told half truths, about the grand Wedgefield polictical drama - the dredging.

One of our board member's wives has been running around telling people that our Wedgefield person is going to "get their due".  I wonder.  Recently, when another current board member went through a very similar life altering circumstance, even though their politics were not that of my Wedgefield friend, he/she said, "all politics aside, I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone".   Have many of you lost your humanness?  Have you lost your ability to set aside your misguided politics, or are you one of those miserable people, who thrive on the hurt of others?  This is nothing more than EVIL, MISDIRECTED VENGEANCE, and unfortunately we're being governed by some of these people, who are working in be half of a misguided group that lacks any humanness, morals, or values (as demonstrated previously)!

PLEASE NOTE:  I write what I write, because that is what I see, and I feel.  I have not been asked to write this article, nor have I sought the approval of anyone involved. I'm just disgusted!