Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE JULY 16 WPA BOARD MEETING.

Six board members were present at the meeting: President Walton, Garrison, DeMarchi, McMillin, John Walton, and McBride.  Absent:  Cline, Anderson, Barrier.  Later, we'll transcribe some of the reports.

HIGHLIGHTS
1)  Yes, the old dock is still in the canals.  I don't have time for humorous fairy tales tonight.  The story, the fake, "really it is still there and we aren't going to take it any more" drama is too much to deal with this evening.  The Water Amenities Chair didn't even mention it.  He had to be asked.  I encourage you to listen to the end of the Water Amenities report, but I will transcribe it.  While many questions linger this evening, my principle one is this - How can a dock that can't be repaired, is slated for dismantling, be hauled from the landing to the canals, be dragged out of the canals and a mile and a half on the river, placed on a truck, and be placed in water to be used for a veteran's program as, and I quote, "for stability"?  The new owner is going to put veterans on it, some wounded, and it couldn't be repaired at all??????
 
2)  If you read the two articles on the Reserve Study on this blog and attended the meeting tonight, you may have to acknowledge that I am a mind reader and I can predict the future.  It didn't take long to prove.  Listen to the financial report.  I will transcribe it later.  
 
Have a great evening, or morning, and stay tuned.