Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 23, 2016

AS PROMISED, I HAVE LISTENED TO THE CANAL LOT OWNER'S QUESTION, AND THE RESPONSE FROM THE BOARD, DURING RESIDENT COMMENTS, AT THE END OF THE DECEMBER 2015 WPA BOARD MEETING

As reported earlier, a non canal lot owner suggested that I listen to the tape of the December 2015 Board Meeting, specifically the resident comment section, at the end of the meeting.  A canal lot resident questioned whether there were plans for a maintenance dredging.  The back and forth between the board, and resident make the question quite complicated, and the answers from two of the board members, both revealing, concerning, disheartening, and extremely complicated.  In fact, it makes me pause, as to how I feel about reporting it.  It leaves me, speechless in the moment, distrustful, disappointed, and upset with every level of our community governance.  You see, we should all be involved, and so you, and I, also need to be held responsible.

I not only listened to the tape, but I transcribed it, and that is a very slow process for me, and I've yet to take my scribbling to type.  I also need time to think.  I do know some things for sure.

*We as individuals, have failed each other as community neighbors.
*If there is truth in what I heard, our Water Amenities Committee, and the Canal Sub Committee have failed us miserably, and may have kept things from us.
*Our Board Members in general, have failed us for the fact that they have not demanded that certain proposals be brought to the board table, and demands made on the Water Amenities Committee.
*Personally, I gained respect for Garrison, and DeMarchi, on a few points, on others I don't trust them.
*Many of us, in apathy have failed to attend meetings, vote, or make ourselves heard during resident comments, letters to the board, and by using the member speaker spots allowed in our governing documents.
*We have failed to demand that legal papers, prepared by unclean hands, be identified as such, and taken off the table, as credible rulings, to be used as guidance in our governance.
*There are not so subtle threats, claimed not to be threats to canal lot owners, and distortions of fact, and actions.

STAY TUNED.  THE ARTICLE WILL BE UP IN A FEW DAYS - IT IS COMPLICATED.