Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 16, 2016

A CANAL REPORT - MORE DUMPING BY A RESIDENT'S LANDSCAPER - ANOTHER BOAT FISHING BUT BUMPING BULKHEADS, AND DOCKS

The Wedgefield Examiner has left vacation behind to report on our canals.  While the pictures were taken from my back door, if it is happening here, it probably is at your back door too!

On Sunday, April 10th, a local resident's landscaper was busy at work.  I reported this particular landscaper to the board a few months ago, for dumping yard debris into the canal.  I provided pictures, and stated that I had observed him dumping into the canals.  I don't know what action the board took, but it appears that the landscaper is back at it again.  I didn't personally see him dump the debris this time, but they appeared in the water right after he finished.  What if anything, did the board do to stop this?  Where is our Water Amenities Committee?  We all paid to dredge these canals, why aren't they being protected from deviants like this? Actions like this will only cause the canals to silt in again.  

This debris, hugged the neighbor's dock, floated up over the bulkhead onto my land at the high tides we've been experiencing, added more work for my landscaper, and destroyed the appearance of the canal, and made our guests fishing experience off the back deck, less enjoyable.

  For the record, here are the pictures.




On Saturday, April 15th, at about 9:30AM, this boat brought two fisherman in to enjoy the canal directly behind our house.  They have a right to fish - no problem.  They don't have the right to bump into docks, and bulkheads (Each resident pays to maintain their own.), or to grab onto railings etc., to control (???) their boats.  I'm providing the pictures.  I keep a ongoing record of every boat that fishes behind my home.  I will continue to post the pictures.  You never know when property may be damaged to the point that I need them.  

Here are the pictures of today's boat.