Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 12, 2017

THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER IS BACK AND READY TO PUBLISH. SOMETIMES, THE RESEARCH FOR AN ARTICLE TOUCHES LEADS INTO OTHER CRITICAL ISSUES, AND WHILE YOU SET THEM ASIDE TO CONTINUE ON THE TARGET, IT JUST MAKES YOU SAD THAT WE LIVE THIS WAY IN WEDGEFIELD


THE BOARD, HAVING NO PROBLEM REMOVING BOARD MEETING RECORDINGS, MINUTES AND THE FINANCIALS FROM THE WEBSITE, ATTACKING ANYONE WHO QUESTIONS, AND FAILING TO FOLLOW OUR GOVERNING DOCUMENTS, SHOULD JUST REMOVE THIS SIGN WITH EVERYTHING ELSE.  LEAVING THE PROMISE OF THOSE WORDS AT OUR FRONT GATE IS A TRAVESTY.


*************************************************
Do you have information, or an opinion - agree, or not, you can email The Wedgefield Examiner at wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com.  We'll remove your name to protect the innocent, and publish it *.  P.S.  If you would like your name published, please note that on your email, otherwise we leave your name out.



*************************************************************************
I hope to have the spoil site article out by the end of the day, Monday, Nov. 13.  I've had to do research from two sources over a period of several months.  As I reviewed the board's sanitized minutes, and compared them to the notes that I took while attending board meetings, I would inadvertently come in contact with other issues, and they all made me feel like there is no hope to ever turning this illegal - against our governing documents, against the promise Wedgefield once held, around.  Reviewing the board's actions, their favored committee members actions against neighbors, and the best interests of the entire community for their own self serving agenda is sickening, and defeating.  Yet, this is where we live.  The place we call home, and you just have to keep trucking, and trying to make a difference, but it is like trying to fight the mafia.

About a week ago, I posted a notice on the blog that I had a close family member who had been hospitalized and was home recovering, and I would not be posting on the blog again until yesterday, November 11th.  As stated earlier, the posting regarding the spoil site has been a lot of research, and disheartening.  Yet, I continue to take the time, because this is where I live - my home, and I refuse to allow dishonesty, and ruthless behavior by a board that is suppose to be protecting my home - my community, and not treat my community like the membership is too dumb to question.  So the blog continues.   What else keeps me going? 97 readers visited the blog yesterday, Nov. 11, hoping to see a new posting.  I get all kinds of phone calls and messages that I don't publish because the writers are concerned about how this board, and their neighbors will treat them.  Some of my messages are just plain private to prompt me to do what I do.  Today, I went through and grabbed pieces of a few, without exposing the writer, and these have never been published on the blog.  You'll see as you read them, that they understand just how bad this board is, and what they've done to Wedgefield.

1) I HOPE it doesn't come to this,......  I HOPE I'm wrong.   I don't have the energy to start over again so soon after we settled in.   We actually looked at houses on the market in ........ to see whats out there.


2) Just a thought:  Let's withhold payment of our annual assessment until such time as the WPA website is activated and the meeting minutes and financial statements become visible.  For whatever reason, the WPA wants us in the dark.  Money talks.


3) We are part time residents but Wedgefield is our primary residence.  We cannot attend most of the meetings but are very aware of all the controversy, thankfully to your blog.   
We cannot understand how a HOA board can withhold minutes from the meetings.  I thought it was a part of Roberts Rule of Order.  How does the board justify no publication of minutes?  
As a member of this group, we would like to find out what is happening each month.  We have asked if the Wragg was published in July and received no answer.  I call certain neighbors to get some info, but we would like to see the minutes.  Can you give me some info on this and if it is legal to withhold the minutes?  Thanks for your time and energy.  We appreciate all your efforts.  And be aware that we will vote for changes at the elections.