Total Pageviews

Friday, March 23, 2018

LIFE ISN'T ALWAYS A BOUQUET OF FLOWERS. THERE ARE NO WIN/WIN ANSWERS TO THE CURRENT DREDGING QUESTION OF WHETHER TO VOLUNTEER TO PAY THE $4000 TO SAVE THE CURRENT PERMIT, AND IGNORE THE ILLEGALITIES LEADING UP TO THE DREDGING, AND THE WPA CONTRIBUTION OUT OF THE ILLEGAL CANAL RESERVES


My household will not be contributing $4000 for the dredge at this place in time, to save the $160,000+ permit that I and many of my fellow canal lot owners struggled for, and paid for about 10 years ago.  For me, it is a question of integrity, not economy.  It is my integrity, and not a question of most of yours.  It is a matter of legality, and the long path of unethical destruction by almost every member of this board and canal committee of the promise contained in our governing documents.

I won't be fooled by "we'll never divide this community again, this is the only path."  The human toll of friendship, ruined reputations, and out right fabrication of fact, and the blatant disregard for our governing documents, lies in the waste dump of the current project.  Make Wedgefield Great Again, by building it up on this garbage dump?  I think not.

When "CC" visited in behalf of the canal project, I thought for a moment that I would need to buy into saving the permit.  I did tell him that there were illegalities, failure to act timely, failure to inform, that had brought us to this point.  I thought maybe save the hard earned permit now, and fight the illegal later.  There is a phrase I've heard used in court - you can't come to court with unclean hands, and expect justice".  If I cooperate now, pay the $4000, and accept the ill begotten contribution from the board, then I have "unclean hands", and can't help fix it legally later.

Before I close, for the nastier of you, who have said "what gives you the right to speak for Wedgefield?"  I never said that I spoke for Wedgefield.  I speak for myself - listen - read - embrace the facts, or not.  I continue to do what I do, and what my conscience tells me is the right thing to do.

TOUGH AS IT IS, IT DOES LEAVE MY LIFE'S BOUQUET - INTEGRITY AND PRINCIPLES IN TACK.