Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

COMMENTS REGARDING McMillin

HERE IT IS, NO EDITING, NAME WITHHELD BY EDITOR:

Reader Comment :"In reading your article I can't help but think that this is why no one wants to be a board member. As you well know,  every decision you make will offend someone. Without being over critical of your recent writings about Larry, to somehow suggest we not support his candidacy seems out of line. Would you be more comfortable with some of the CC candidates instead?  I believe that government is like a barge, it moves slowly, and it takes a lot of power to move it one way or the other. Our homeowners association is a smaller version of government. In order to find the middle ground, sometimes you have to compromise. One could easily assume Larry was just trying to move forward , work with the cc element of the board on this and maybe get that. I think the same can be said for Mr. Garrison, as he also has been known to support ideas outside of the CC way of thinking. While I don't know Larry all that well, I have noticed he does a lot for the plantation as a whole. He seems to stay on top of the landscaping and maintenance as well as bringing those cost down from what they were prior to him being a board member.  Most importantly to me, he is also a fellow canal lot owner.  He supported and voted for the dredging and did considerable amounts of work on the project.  At a time when we have virtually no board support, he and John are the only voice we have. For that alone, he will have my vote. Is he perfect? Of course not, but he is willing to volunteer for a difficult job and do it reasonably well.

Things don't always get done the way we think they should. All of this grief is caused by one issue, the canal dredging. I was always of the opinion that the dredging should have been paid for by only the lots bordering the canal. I always felt it wasn't  worth the strife it would cause to assess everyone.I readily gave my opinion, but it was never my decision to make, so I supported the plan that was eventually implemented. It was a complicated issue and you guys that developed and supported that plan did an amazing job and paid a high price for it. You will always have my respect and appreciation for getting it done under the  extreme circumstances.

On another note, I have always enjoyed  your writings on the WT and now on your blog. I may not always agree with you, but your points are well taken and I would encourage you to keep it up. The freedom to express your opinions in a public forum is one of the greatest things about our country."


Editor's Note:  I have great respect for the writer.  I understand moving forward, but I'll never understand, how you move forward, if you do it on lies, and to cover them, you intentionally harm others. The Concerned Citizens have long used, McMillins methods - first deny it happened or your said it, if scrutinized further damage and discredit those foolish enough to try and do the right thing, then gather a group who will support you in that effort.