Total Pageviews

Monday, February 1, 2016

A LETTER TO THE BOARD REQUESTING REVIEW OF FILES, AND COPIES OF THE TWO DREDGING ASSESSMENT RULINGS

I've sent the following letter to the board, requesting review of the correspondence file, and copies of the two rulings on the dredging assessments.  I've reviewed the two rulings in the WPA office.  When I requested the review of the rulings, even though the state law regarding such matters would have allowed me to request, and receive copies, I was hesitant to ask, because past experience with this board, has been that they will deny me copies.  Once, I reviewed the files, and took notes, to many questions went unanswered.  I would like hard copy in hand to send out, with questions, and concerns, to appropriate entities.  We'll see if the board will once again, deny me copies, under the very state law board member, DeMarchi, personally sent to me, to live by.

HERE IS THE LETTER:

DATE:          February 1, 2016

TO:               WPA BOARD

FROM:         Madeline Y. Claveloux

RE:               1) REQUEST TO REVIEW FILES
                     2) REQUEST FOR COPIES OF THE TWO
                        DREDGING ASSESSMENT RULINGS


Please place a copy in the Correspondence File, and distribute to the board. 

I’m requesting an appointment to review the Correspondence File, at the WPA office on Wednesday, February 10th, at 1:00PM.  At that time, I am requesting that copies of the 2013, and 2014 documents that bear the signature of Referee Beverly, pertaining to the dredging assessments be provided.  The request is made according to SC Title 33, Article 16 Code of Law, sent to me by Board Member DeMarchi, on 06/05/13.  

11) I am respectfully requesting copies of the two Referee Beverly documents/rulings noted above, under the noted state law.  REASON FOR REQUEST:  I have reviewed these documents in the WPA office, and took notes.  On review, of my notes, WPA meeting minutes, having attended all meetings, or listened to tapes of the meetings missed, I believe that our WPA Board's silence - failure to report at meetings, or investigate who signed the 2013 document/ruling, may be covering what could be viewed as forgery - the fraudulent, altering of a critical legal document.  In that event, in the worse case it could be criminal.  When I asked about the two document situation at the WPA Annual Meeting, initially, the Legal Chair stated that he didn't want to talk about it.  This could leave the Board looking complicit in the altering of the document.  When, I am provided copies of the documents, as is my right under the law provided specifically to me, by Board Member DeMarchi, I intend to present the documents, and the other information that I have gathered, to entities that I deem  appropriate, about our Board's apparent disregard, on a issue/ruling, that has tore this community apart for years.

2)  I’d like to review the Correspondence File, from November 4, 2015 through February 10, 2016.  REASON FOR REQUEST:    I’d like the opportunity to review the written board response to the resident letters.  No request for copies on this file.

Please confirm in writing, whether I will be permitted to review requested information, and be provided the requested copies, as is my right under state law.