Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

A QUICK, BUT SERIOUS QUESTION




The board has reported the following regarding the proposed illegal dredging, and the community's acceptance of their illegal plan.  "There have been NO meetings with residents opposed to it last time. My comment was derived from the fact that as Community Liaison I have not seen ONE negative letter about the idea of dredging or our plan. What was the public outcry like in 2009 when you were on the board?"
"We have been openly discussing canal dredging for about 6 months now and haven't really heard any negative feedback from the residents most staunchly opposed to it last time."

Yet, three people who attended last night's golf course meeting spoke with me this morning, and stated that the canals were mentioned during last night's discussion, and there was quite a negative uproar. Now, I was unable to be in two places at the same time, but I am reporting what I was told. Let me reiterate, that I want the canals dredged, but not under this illegal, constructed by distortions of the truth and legal documents plan, and at a time when we all need to be concerned about all of Wedgefield - golf course included, and develop a plan.

So here is my question. If you were one of those people who were upset by the very mention of the canals last night, WHY HAVEN'T YOU WRITTEN THE BOARD, OR STOOD UP DURING THE RESIDENT COMMENT SECTION OF THE WPA MONTHLY BOARD MEETINGS, ASKED QUESTIONS, OR STATED YOUR CONCERNS? Your board keeps claiming that their illegal, hidden for a long time plan, is just dandy with you. I don't want to pit canal people against golf course people. I want us to stand up to this board, make them do their job, and help save all of Wedgefield - legally, ethically, and above board. They need to stop hiding truth from us, and help our community.

Write the board, attention, board member, Anderson, and tell the board just what you think about the dredging, and their ridiculous behavior regarding the golf course.