Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 12, 2018

A RESIDENT WRITES THE BOARD MULTIPLE TIMES, TO REVIEW THE SPOIL SITE RECORDS. THEY DON'T ANSWER FOR MONTHS, PRETEND THEY HAVE, AND THEN SECRETARY MC MILLIN WRITES AND TELLS HER THAT SHE IS IGNORANT ABOUT PROCEDURE, AND A FORM, THAT NEVER EXISTED UNTIL HE APPARENTLY MADE IT UP, AND DRAFTED IT HIMSELF!

*********************************************************************************
Do you have information, or an opinion - agree, or not, you can email The Wedgefield Examiner at wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com.  We'll remove your name to protect the innocent, and publish it.  P.S.  If you would like your name published, please note that on your email, otherwise we leave your name out.

******************************************************


Resident's, I'm going to allow the resident's emails tell this disgusting story.  I'll comment at the end.  I thank the resident for sharing this email story.

Resident's First Email - FEBRUARY!
From: constance downs <constancedowns559@msn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:02 AM
To: wedgeassoc.com@frontier.com
Subject:

Good Morning Lee,

Would you please pass this message to all board members.  Thank You. 

I would like to set up an appointment to come to the HOA office to review the maintenance records on the spoil site.    I'm looking for as far back as 2009 or 10.    Please let me know what is convenient for you.

Thanks again Lee......

Connie Downs, 492 Francis Parker Road......
**************************************************************
Resident's Second Email - Later in February!

From: constance downs <constancedowns559@msn.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 6:15 PM
To: wedgeassoc.com@frontier.com
Subject: Fw: Follow up

Hello Lee,

I know you sent me confirmation that the board members received my email, (see below) but there has been no response to date.  Would you please distribute it again?   Thank You.

Also, can you confirm that each board member received a copy of the letter my husband sent them last week regarding the dredging.  Again, thank you. 

Connie
***********************************************************
Resident's Third Email - March!
From: constance downs <constancedowns559@msn.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 3, 2018 10:20 AM
To: jandjwalton24@yahoo.com
Subject: Message from resident Connie Downs.... Thank You

Good Morning Jackie,

I know it's not protocol to email you directly, but Lee is not responding, I notice she hasn't been at work all week long, whoever is in charge of distributing emails is not confirming my messages and no one has responded to my request..... so I'm resending my request to you in hopes of getting a proper response. 

Please send a copy of this email to all board members on my behalf.  Thank You. 

See original messages below, but to clarify further, I am requesting an appointment to review the spoil site maintenance records.   I want to fully understand the dredging process and as part of this I want a good understanding of the following:

  1. Dates of maintenance, (of the spoil site).
  2. Exactly what was performed on each date/was maintenance consistent?    The contractor should've lined itemed this.
  3. I know Quick Cuts is currently maintaining the site, but who else was performing this job?   It's obvious Quick Cuts weren't the only contractors.
  4. Any recommendations made by contractors and if so, follow up response from the HOA.  Any recommendations regarding the dikes and what dates recommendations were made?

I would like to review the file to get these answers.  As a resident in good standing, I believe I have a right to see this entire file.   I'm looking for statements dating back to 2009 or 2010  when the file was originated after the last dredge. 

Please review my unanswered requests below and please respond at your earliest convenience.     Thank you for your time Jacky. 

Connie
****************************************************
Resident's Fourth Email - April!
From: Michelle Blythe <wedgeassoc.com@frontier.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 12:49 PM
To: constance downs
Subject: Re: Please distribute to ALL board members please.

Mrs. Downs, I have forwarded your message to all board members. 
Michelle Blythe
Office Secretary
Wedgefield Plantation Association, Inc.
1956 Wedgefield Road
Georgetown, SC 29440
843.546.2718
843.546.4027 fax

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 12:28 PM, constance downs <constancedowns559@msn.com> wrote:


Michelle,

I would appreciate it if you distributed this message to ALL board members and put a copy in the correspondence file as a permanent record.  

Please send me confirmation that you received this message and forwarded this email to ALL members.  

Board Members;

I made 3 requests to review the spoil site maintenance records.  The first request dating back to February 21st.     This request was also a topic in the March board meeting when it was decided that the email would be looked into and responded to.    As of this date there has been no response.   I am being blatantly ignored.

At this point and based on the lack of cooperation I am receiving;  I am led to conclude that the board member responsible for this file, Mr. McMillian either didn't keep accurate records or failed to do the maintenance on the spoil site.  

On another note; as the Communications Chair of the board I suggest Mr. McMillian take some time to reflect on his job duties and performance and ponder whether he could conceivably do a better job as ignoring resident requests is not professional, mature, or appropriate.   Another suggestion would be for the board to contemplate putting another board member in this seat who is capable of communicating with ALL residents and not those he chooses or "likes."  I fully understand that this is a "volunteer" position, but Mr. McMillian was not drafted to do it. 

Also at this point, I request no further hollow response from the board in regards to my request to review the maintenance file.   I will keep this correspondence for my records as I wonder if it will take an attorney to assist me with future requests?  

Connie

******************************************************************
Resident's Fifth Email - April!
From: Michelle Blythe <wedgeassoc.com@frontier.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 12:49 PM
To: constance downs
Subject: Re: Please distribute to ALL board members please.

Mrs. Downs, I have forwarded your message to all board members. 
Michelle Blythe
Office Secretary
Wedgefield Plantation Association, Inc.
1956 Wedgefield Road
Georgetown, SC 29440
843.546.2718
843.546.4027 fax

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 12:28 PM, constance downs <constancedowns559@msn.com> wrote:


Michelle,

I would appreciate it if you distributed this message to ALL board members and put a copy in the correspondence file as a permanent record.  

Please send me confirmation that you received this message and forwarded this email to ALL members.  

Board Members;

I made 3 requests to review the spoil site maintenance records.  The first request dating back to February 21st.     This request was also a topic in the March board meeting when it was decided that the email would be looked into and responded to.    As of this date there has been no response.   I am being blatantly ignored.

At this point and based on the lack of cooperation I am receiving;  I am led to conclude that the board member responsible for this file, Mr. McMillian either didn't keep accurate records or failed to do the maintenance on the spoil site.  

On another note; as the Communications Chair of the board I suggest Mr. McMillian take some time to reflect on his job duties and performance and ponder whether he could conceivably do a better job as ignoring resident requests is not professional, mature, or appropriate.   Another suggestion would be for the board to contemplate putting another board member in this seat who is capable of communicating with ALL residents and not those he chooses or "likes."  I fully understand that this is a "volunteer" position, but Mr. McMillian was not drafted to do it. 

Also at this point, I request no further hollow response from the board in regards to my request to review the maintenance file.   I will keep this correspondence for my records as I wonder if it will take an attorney to assist me with future requests?  

Connie
*******************************************************************
FINALLY !!!!!!! - THE BOARD SECRETARY RESPONDS.  THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER'S COMMENTS WILL FOLLOW AT THE END AND BE NOTED AS SUCH!
From: Michelle Blythe <wedgeassoc.com@frontier.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 11:35 AM
To: constance downs
Subject: Re: Please distribute to ALL board members please.

Good morning Mrs. Downs. There is a formal request form at the office for review of documents, that must be completed by you. Since you have not done so or are ignorant of this requirement, I will continue to await your response before any action by me as secretary is required. You may stop by the office during regular business hours to fill out this form. 

Larry McMillin
Michelle Blythe
Office Secretary
Wedgefield Plantation Association, Inc.
1956 Wedgefield Road
Georgetown, SC 29440
843.546.2718
843.546.4027 fax

********************************************
The Resident Sends An Email To The President And Vice President



From: constance downs <constancedowns559@msn.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:38 PM
To: Bob Garrison; jandjwalton24@yahoo.com
Subject: Important message from C. Downs, Wedgefield resident. Thank You. 

Bob and Jacky;

FYI.... see the message I got from Mr. McMillian below..   I noticed he didn't cc any of the board members in on this message.  I just wanted you to have a sample of how Larry communicates with residents and operates behind your back.    

Thank you.

Connie




Today The Resident Sends An Email To Me To Add A Few More FACTS:
"Also, don't know if you remember in the March board meeting when Adam listing my email request in his community report?   Jacky or Bob asked him if it was answered and he said yes.....  I was shaking my head no and he was pressed and claimed one of the board members answered it, he was sure he saw it.  When no one backed his lie, he scapegoated former secretary Lee claiming her response invited me to come in any time to review the records.  Clearly a lie.  Jacky was supposed to look into it after the meeting and get back to me.  I never heard back from anyone."  It should be noted that I attended the March WPA board meeting, and this is exactly what happened (Madeline Y. Claveloux)

COMMENTS FROM THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER:
As I read through this resident's email trail to the board I was saddened, and for a moment ONLY - left speechless.  Board member McMillin, has the audacity to tell a resident "Since you have not done so or are ignorant of this requirement,"!  He is counting on all residents being ignorant of exactly how ridiculous this board has become.  It appears that McMillian himself is IGNORANT of good honest governance - according to the governing documents, and that he has total disrespect for the resident writer, and HE king of all things wrong with this board, can treat this resident, and any other resident the way he wants to in retaliation, if he doesn't like them, or he doesn't want to open the records that may reveal too many missteps of his own illegal actions, and those of his fellow board members.

What do I mean?  First, I know the governing documents inside and out, as it relates to residents' reviewing and having copies of records.  I also know the SC non profit state law regarding this subject.  I have served as secretary on the WPA board, and as community liaison.  I have appropriately - legally, requested records review, and at times copies for about 14 years, AND NEVER ANY WHERE IN THE GOVERNING DOCUMENTS WAS THERE A FORM THAT HAD TO BE SIGNED AT THE OFFICE!  It doesn't exist anywhere, except from McMillin's hand - probably created by him, especially for this resident.  APPARENTLY HE MADE IT UP HIMSELF!  I am dismayed that your board has handled this legal records review request in this manner, and allowed him to be the KING, AND POUTING BOARD MEMBER THAT HE IS.  This whole mess would make a great Saturday Night Live skit, because that is all these actions amount to - a mindless play, that this board calls governance, and cohesive!

The resident writer has met all the criteria necessary.  She has written the board.  She has been clear about the records she wishes to review.  She has stated as required - proper purpose for reviewing the records.  Who should we blame besides IGNORANT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL, ETHICAL GOVERNANCE MCMILLIN?  WHERE IS OUR LEGAL CHAIR?  WHERE IS OUR PRESIDENT?  WHERE IS COMPLIANCE?  WHERE IS THE COMMUNITY LIAISON?  THEY ARE ALL DERELICT IN PERFORMING THEIR DUTIES UNDER THE GOVERNING DOCUMENTS, AND SC STATE NON PROFIT LAW!

I believe that your board, your water amenities committee, are afraid of something in those spoil site records, and they'll allow the ignorant, illegal actions of McMillin, rather than expose their own actions in the records!

Stay tuned over the next few days.  As I was reviewing the governing documents, I came across items that may violate all of us, now, and forever, unless it is stopped.  I follow the governing documents, AND IF THERE WASN'T A ONE WEEK PRIOR TO BOARD MEETING REQUIREMENT TO WRITING THE BOARD, AND ASKING FOR ONE OF THE LEGAL 5 MINUTE SPEAKER SPOTS AT THE APRIL WPA BOARD MEETING, I'D BE MAKING THAT REQUEST, AND BE ON THE AGENDA FOR NEXT WEEKS MEETING.  I WILL WRITE A LETTER TO THE BOARD ASKING JUST HOW THIS HAPPENED, AND WHAT THIN AIR - BELIEVE ME THIN AIR IN REGARD TO MCMILLIN, THIS FORM CAME OUT OF.  I FIND HIS ACTIONS TO BE INSULTING, AND IGNORANT!!!!, AND FURTHER INDICATION OF THE DESTRUCTION OF HONESTY, INTEGRITY, AND SOUND GOVERNANCE, TO THE COMMUNITY WE LIVE IN -WEDGEFIELD!