Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 12, 2018

RESIDENT AND BOARD MEMBER ANDERSON SENDS A SNARKY LETTER TO THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER REGARDING THE ARTICLE IMMEDIATELY BELOW THIS ONE.



*********************************************************************************
Do you have information, or an opinion - agree, or not, you can email The Wedgefield Examiner at wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com.  We'll remove your name to protect the innocent, and publish it.  P.S.  If you would like your name published, please note that on your email, otherwise we leave your name out.

******************************************************

Resident/board member Anderson sent the following email to me, and the resident writer noted in the article mentioned above.  Please take the time to read through Anderson's letter, and I will respond after.  HERE IS ANDERSON'S LETTER:
#####################################################
"Madeline,


You have a blog post currently up that flat out calls me a liar. During my report I said someone   (I said I couldn't off top of my head remember who) responded to the email request for Mrs. Downs to review spoil site records.


Also, don't know if you remember in the March board meeting when Adam listing my email request in his community report?   Jacky or Bob asked him if it was answered and he said yes..... I was shaking my head no and he was pressed and claimed one of the board members answered it, he was sure he saw it.  When no one backed his lie, he scapegoated former secretary Lee claiming her response invited me to come in any time to review the records. Clearly a lie. Jacky was supposed to look into it after the meeting and get back to me.  I never heard back from anyone." It should be noted that I attended the March WPA board meeting, and this is exactly what happened (Madeline Y. Claveloux)


I went back in my email and found that it was indeed responded to by BW (Note: The Wedgefield Examiner removed the board member's full name.) on February 21st, at 8:58 am. His response was very cordial and clear. If something happened with the office secretary (as I suggested at the March meeting) and the response did not make it back to Mrs. Downs, that does not make me or BW (Note: The Wedgefield Examiner removed the board member's first name.) or any of us a liar.


Here is the email….




BW (Note: The Wedgefield Examiner removed the board members full name)





Just give me a time next week after 5pm


Thanks, BW (Note: The Wedgefield Examiner removed the board member's first name)      
Sent from my iPhone


On Feb 21, 2018, at 8:58 AM, Lee Cote <wedgeassoc.com@frontier.com> wrote:


\
Lee Cote
Secretary to the Board
Wedgefield Plantation Association, Inc.
Georgetown, SC 29440
843.546.2718
843.546.4027 fax


On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:02 AM, constance downs <constancedowns559@msn.com> wrote:


Good Morning Lee,


Would you please pass this message to all board members.  Thank You.


I would like to set up an appointment to come to the HOA office to review the maintenance records on the spoil site.    I'm looking for as far back as 2009 or 10. Please let me know what is convenient for you.


Thanks again Lee......


Connie Downs, 492 Francis Parker Road......


I can assure you no one cares if you or Mrs. Downs wants to review these records or not. Knock yourself out. I firmly believe you have the right to review anything in that office. My only response to you would be to refrain from putting inaccurate or sensationalized  information on your blog. It only hurts the neighborhood you claim to love.


I will wait for your apology………


Adam Anderson"
################################################

First, it will be a cold day in Wedgefield - never been that cold, if you are waiting for an apology from me, as the Wedgefield Examiner editor, regarding this fiasco. The facts in the article containing the resident writer's emails, speak for themselves. Your actions during the March board meeting - I attended it, are depicted as they occurred. If you had been doing your job as community liaison, you wouldn't have sat THEN and then stated today, "During my report I said someone   (I said I couldn't off top of my head remember who) responded to the email request for Mrs. Downs to review spoil site records." You would have verified the record during the meeting, by going to the correspondence file, and providing the information. Additionally, by the March meeting, the resident writer had written several times, with no answer, or acknowledgement of receipt of her letters by the board. Even as recent as today's offensive writing to the blog, you provide a short line sent by board member BW, and as community liaison, fail to provide documentation that anything was sent to the resident writer over a three month period, when the resident's emails to the board obviously went unanswered. This is further evidenced by McMillin's ridiculous, tainted with illegal fabrication of governing document policy - the form, email who tells the resident writer, "There is a formal request form at the office for review of documents, that must be completed by you. Since you have not done so or are ignorant of this requirement, I will continue to await your response before any action by me as secretary is required. You may stop by the office during regular business hours to fill out this form. - Larry McMillin"

It is unbelievable that you dare to drag BW into this, as though he was unwittingly called a liar by the resident writer, or myself. Mr. Anderson, go back and read the article you are so upset about, and clearly show the quote where his name is mentioned by either of us. I, unlike you, will not wait for a retraction from you, because there is no quote for you to pull, and provide. I suspect that you wanted to pull more residents to your miserable "sad song", by bringing BW into it for your own purposes. BW has been a respected resident in this community for all his efforts to solve the golf course mowing situation, and since his arrival on the board he continues to promote interest and enthusiasm to assist the golf course and restaurant effort, that can only benefit Wedgefield.

I suggest that you, and your fellow board members take time to reign board member McMillin's run amuck, illegal fabrication of governing documents and policy, and general establishment of his own ego ridden "kingdom", called Wedgefield.