Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

A RESIDENT'S LETTER REGARDING THE ELECTION

Taco Wijthoff
90 Ricefield Place
Georgetown, SC 29440
November 12, 2011

My Dear Neighbors:

The election for the Wedgefield Plantation Association Board of Directors is coming up on November 19.  Here are some of my thoughts, and yes I  have put my name on this letter!!!!

Here is why I cannot vote for the FIVE so-called "concerned citizen" candidates Ron, Carol, George, Fred, and Jackie:

*Ron and Carol betrayed us when they were on the board in 2008.  They quit!  They left us in the lurch, and turned the board over to members sympathetic to the canal issue.  THEY are thus to blame for the canals being dredged.  It would never have happened if they had stayed on!

*They also betrayed us again and again in their previous terms on the board.  They approved wasteful spending with a crony contractor, for example $50,000 on pipes under the road that should have cost only a few thousand, had they shopped around.

*They built an office building that cost us three times what it should have.

*Ron had the roads "surfaced" for a king's ransom, as if that coating would hold an 80,000 pound concrete truck.  It was just plain stupid.

*These so-called "concerned citizens" contacted the newspapers and spread horrible stories about our beautiful and full-of-love plantation.

*Carol, George and Fred started the lawsuit that has cost us all dearly.

*They support a board member who is up for reelection that could have killed a fellow neighbor by sucker punching him at the end of a WPA meeting.  Can you Imagine???? Do we want that kind of bully on the board???

These five want the controversies to go on, and they continue to ruin Wedgefield.  That's why I cannot vote for the so-called "concerned citizen" candidates; I will vote for the other five candidates.  I do not know half of them, but that's alright.  This is not Chicago, where a few full-of-themselves bullies think they can hold a life-long claim to the WPA board.  I want to give the fresh blood a chance.  I urge you to join me in voting for:

Janine Cline * Alan DeMarchi * John McBride * Larry McMillin * Bill Steiner


Sincerely,

Taco Wijthoff

PS:  I hear Mr. Huggins may step down after the elections so Ron or Carol can be appointed should one of them not make it in.  It is Chicago alright.