Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A LETTER TO THE BOARD REGARDING PRIVACY AND RIGHTS

Anyone is welcome to write to The Wedgefield Examiner via email: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com. Remember to note whether you would like your name published with your article. The option is open to anyone who writes.


Please place a copy in the correspondence file and distribute to the Board.

Board,

I was unable to attend the Board Meeting on November 13.  I would assumed since
a portion of it was an open meeting that it would be taped and made available to
the residents.  I have reviewed the recording section of the association website
and it isn't there.  I have verified that it was recorded.  Would you please
post it or provide an explanation as to why it isn't, or won't be posted.

I visited the office on the 13th, after a written request to review the
correspondence file, the legal file, and the legal invoice file.  I was
presented with the correspondence file for review but was politely denied access
to the other two files by Secretary DeMarchi.  I did somewhat understand his
explanation that with forecloser, etc. with resident names and addresses that
confidentiality needed to be protected.  It seems that was the case for the
invoice file also.  I want confidentiality properly protected also.  However, my
experience in my own government work has been that protection cannot lead to
denial of access rights.  In those events the papers were filed in individual
files and names and addresses removed and placed in the larger files.  I am
recommending this to the board. 

I have a right as a resident to view the handling of these situations by the
board and our attorney.  I have little or no trust that once again
"confidentiality" is being used to remove the rights of some disfavored
residents - myself amongst them.

Please respond.
Madeline Y. Claveloux