Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2012

UPDTED 5:00 PM- NOV.24: SOMEONE MOVED TWO LOTS OFF THE CANALS - IT IS THE ONLY CONCLUSION I CAN COME TO

UPDATE:  IN RED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE

After months of delays, in fact lack of action, your board stated that the survey to canal lot owners regarding the formation of a sub association,  would be sent shortly after the annual meeting.  I've been watching for ours.  Today, I was informed that the board was true to their word and sent out the surveys.  Some of the canal lot owners have not only received them, but have filled them out and returned them to the board.

I bought a home on the canals, paid my canal individual $5,000 assessment on time, and as I looked out this morning my home was still sitting along side the canal.  I didn't receive a survey.  Jude Davis didn't receive a survey either!  PLEASE NOTE:  The statements that follow are mine.  They don't represent the opinions of Jude Davis.  She speaks for herself.  She has not reviewed the article.

When did I lose my rights as a resident here?  I find it of no small coincidence that neither my household, nor the Davis household received a survey.  This board appears to have taken it upon themselves to royally discriminate against those who speak out, ask questions, etc.  Maybe they feel it is their right because they THINK they know how I will respond.  Hope not.  No one on that board has a right to assume anything.  They may not remove my opportunity to put my response to their survey in writing!  I want my response to be entered into the record.  This isn't a mere oversight!  It does speak to the heavy handedness of most of these board members!  It comes down to different strokes for different folks.  They'll decide my right to have documented input.  Could you be next?  You bet.  Speak out, ask questions, and have opinions different than this "cohesive board" and you may find them trying to remove some of your rights!


I'd suggest that the board email the survey first thing on Monday WITH A CONCRETE ANSWER AS TO WHY I WAS EXCLUDED.

UPDATE:

I received the following from board member Anderson:

Madeline and Jude,

It was just pointed out to me that neither of you got a canal survey. My apologies. I don't know how that happened but I will get to the bottom of it.Please find attached a copy of the survey. The only difference between this one and the one mailed out was the one mailed out has the Wedgefield letterhead on it. I in no way would excluded anyone and in fact would especially like to read your comments and input .I simply forwarded the survey to Kathy and asked her to mail one to every canal lot owner. If you would prefer the original survey with the letterhead on it let me know and I will personally see that you get it.


Adam Anderson
 
I thank Anderson for writing.  Up until recently I found Anderson to be what most of us would call honest, open, and above board.  I have watched him raise his hand, vote with this "cohesive board" at the expense of good judgement.  If Anderson doesn't know how this happened it is time he opens his eyes and begins to question certain members of this "cohesive board".  Someone decided that the Claveloux & Davis households weren't worth the effort and time their survey was printed on.  I want to know who did this and why.