Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 4, 2012

THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER REFUSES TO PRINT SECOND "OPINION" LETTER OF A WRITER WHO FAILS TO DOCUMENT HIS CLAIMS

As editor of The Wedgefield Examiner I have refused to print a letter received on November 2nd.  This is the writer I refused in October, sent a request for documentation of the statements made in his writings, and didn't receive.  I have printed opinions contrary to mine in the past.  I'm more than willing to publish two sides of any issue, but your statements must be backed up with documentation.  That can be documents, sections of minutes, or transcriptions of tapes, etc.  Concrete documentation is required. 

This writer is a known Concerned Citizen.  He makes unfounded, undocumented claims against a candidate.  Ties the candidate to a "team" he can't identify, and falsely claims The Wedgefield Examiner is part of the "team".  He goes on to state that I claim that I don't endorse Taco Wijthoff.  I hope you are a regular reader.  If you are you know that I do endorse Wijthoff.  What I do say is that I have not been asked by Wijthoff to endorse him through The Wedgefield Examiner and I  have not sought his approval on the content of ANY of my writings.  I have never met with Wijthoff or a team, I'm unaware of one.

I don't have a team.  I created the blog as an INDEPENDENT who did not want to follow the direction of ANY team.  There isn't a team.  Go back and read the very first article on the blog.  Documentation is very important to me.  As editor of The Wedgefield Examiner, I refuse to print anything that you cannot document.  My suggestion to the writer is - develop your own website or blog.  Be careful.  If you don't document, you could find yourself in court.  As to the credibility, search for peace and harmony, wanting the best for Wedgefield, this writer has claimed, the following quotes from this writers letter may provide a view of the potential content of his blog or website:  "I wish I could have more votes particularly for Al DeMarchi!  Do you think Taco would sell me a few?"  "Now you claim you do not endorse Taco, but everyone knows he just happens to be your 'syndicate' voting 'pawn".