Total Pageviews

Friday, May 17, 2013

A TRANSCRIPTION OF THE FEBRUARY WATER AMENITIES REPORT (FROM YOUR BOARD MEMBERS LIPS), AS TO WHAT WOULD BE DONE WITH THE OLD # 1 LANDING DOCK, JUST PRIOR TO APPROVING FUNDS TO REPLACE IT

UPDATED ONE HALF HOUR AFTER PUBLICATION:  Will the person who took the video of the crew moving the dock, please contact me at wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com , I have the capacity on the blog to show video.  I think it is time you saw some of this board and committee at work.  I just wish there was a tape of the phone call when one of our board  and committee members cursed at, and physically threatened another board and committee member.  Since the contractor didn't complete the job, pull the dock up, did we pay the full amount of the contract?  If you have a picture of the dock in the canals, or the FOR SALE SIGN,  please send it to the address above.


I've listened to the tape of the February  WPA board meeting.  I'm not going to transcribe every word of each report.  I'm reporting what I heard to the best of my ability.  Please listen to the tape yourself.   TRANSCRIPTION IS UNDERLINED.   COMMENTS IN RED

I've taken the board members words in the discussion that follows, after the motion is made and seconded to replace the old #1 landing dock.

President Walton asks, "Do these three bids include removing the old one?"   John Walton, Water Amenities Chair, "Not to take it off site.  Just to PULL IT OUT."  President Walton, "Yes, it will still be in our possession."  Garrison asks about the cost to DISPOSE OF IT.  Some of this part of the discussion becomes hard to hear and I listen with ear phones.  If these guys are proud of what they are doing, they should ALL take the mike and speak loud and clear.  You can hear John Walton say, "We could do it by ourselves."  Garrison says, "DRAG IT UT AND CUT IT UP."  DeMarchi, "I thought at the discussion last month the old dock had some serviceable   life in it?   Garrison, "Well yes and no.  IF IT STILL HAS SOME SERVICEABLE LIFE IN IT THEN WHY REPLACE IT?  I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT IN SOME BODY'S CANAL IN THE BACK YARD.  If somebody wanted it....."  DeMarchi, "IF IT WASN'T SERVICEABLE, WHY WOULD ANYBODY BE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO BUY IT?  I can't make out the voice, but someone on the board says, "THE RIVER HAS BEAT IT TO PIECES." President Walton, "Some of the floaters re coming out of it."  Garrison, "I have no problem with recognizing it needs to be replaced.  I think replacing it is a good idea."  Anderson asks questions about the time frame for completion.  DeMarchi, DOES HE HAVE THE ABILITY TO PICK THAT DOCK UP AND PUT IT ON THE SHORE SO IT CAN BE DISSEMBLED?"  John Walton, Water Amenities Chair, "SURE, SURE"  HE'LL DO THAT AS PART OF HIS PRICE."

COMMENTS:

What part of this did the board and Water Amenities Committee members involved in this mess, not get?  Oh, I think they understood but are so use to pulling these kind of hi jinx, they thought they could continue on.  The board and committee members involved in this need to resign.  I was told there might be a video available of some of the moving of the dock.  I think the board should answer questions now.