Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

RESIDENT/BOARD MEMBER ANDERSON RESPONDS TO MY RESPONSE TO HIS WRITINGS



It is time to stand up, and let other residents know that you are concerned.  Your comments, agree or not, are welcome, and will be published without your name.  Send your emails to:  wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com
HERE IS ANDERSON'S RESPONSE:

As always, you may print my name. I'll own my words


Madeline,
That’s what you got out of my letter? How about addressing  the real issues? You published several anonymous letters slamming the county parks and recreation department without any due diligence. The picture you published  of East Bay was completely out of context as it is under demolition. You have published letters suggesting Georgetown County would do a horrible job maintaining the golf course, yet all of our county parks are as nice as you will find anywhere. Have you or your contributors ever been to any of these parks? The tennis complex, the many baseball/softball fields? The boat ramps? Based on what I see at these county owned and maintained parks I have no reason to believe the county will not do at least an adequate if not superior job. It will certainly be 10 times better than the alternative, which will be an overgrown mess.  If you wish to have credibility as a journalist quit publishing conjecture or opinion as fact, and make people print their names on their letters instead of hiding behind anonymity. A different opinion is fine. A different opinion based on misleading information from an anonymous source makes you look like you have an axe to grind.


Adam Anderson

COMMENTS:
Adam, I'm publishing your response, as sent with your request to publish your name. That is your call. Any person who writes can make the same request. Most writers request that I don't use their name. Some have stated that they fear retaliation by this board. That is their right. I've never claimed to be a journalist, however I have claimed that I research and document anything that I write myself. You, as a board member have made that more difficult by removing the tapes of the meetings, and sanitizing the minutes, which still doesn't defeat my work.

As to "That’s what you got out of my letter? How about addressing  the real issues?" I addressed the REAL issues. Go back to my DOCUMENTED response to your posting on the blog "

Friday, May 26, 2017


RESIDENT AND BOARD MEMBER ANDERSON WRITES THE BLOG REGARDING THE POSSIBLE COUNTY PURCHASE OF THE GOLF COURSE. HE ACCUSES THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER OF BEING NEGATIVE. REALLY? I DON'T USUALLY COMMENT WHEN I PUBLISH A LETTER TO THE BLOG, BUT I AM TODAY!

Today, you don't refer to that at all. Why? To much truth, and fact on some pretty serious items - real Wedgefield issues?

As to "You published several anonymous letters slamming the county parks and recreation department without any due diligence. The picture you published  of East Bay was completely out of context as it is under demolition. You have published letters suggesting Georgetown County would do a horrible job maintaining the golf course, yet all of our county parks are as nice as you will find anywhere. Have you or your contributors ever been to any of these parks?" While a resident wrote the blog posting, and provided pictures (documented), I had no problem with the pictures. I have been going to the East Bay Park for years - the boat ramp, the playground with young grandchildren (for so long that one of them just graduated HS), and to the Farmer's Market (up until about 2 years ago when it moved), and to walk regularly with my husband. Quite frankly, the pictures represented what I saw over all those years. So, in my not so humble "Journalistic" opinion, the pictures were fine. It should also be noted, that before I published those pictures, I referred to them in a discussion I had with Brian Tucker, who not only failed to mention that the park was in the process of being renovated, stated that he wasn't sure the park was part of the Georgetown County assets. As to visiting the other parks, I haven't, and neither did any of the writers to the blog. I will tell you, that at a recent meeting at the WPA building, a resident who spoke as though they were a promoter of the the concept of the county buying the golf course, told me how beautiful the tennis courts were in a small community and the fact that they weren't used that much, and that the last time they were there, there were children riding bikes on the unsupervised community asset - the tennis courts. You should note that that kind of influx to our community was a concern expressed in some of the posts written by other residents.

You ought to be concerned that residents write to the blog because they are afraid of how the board operates, concerned for retaliation by the board, that you Adam, along with the rest of the board appear to condone. I've stated many times that I would close up the blog, when my board did what they were suppose to be doing openly, in the best interests of Wedgefield, and according to the governing documents. You have demonstrated in writing, and in person at the board table that you will pass on the integrity of your position on the board. Remember, when I stated at a board meeting that the board's handling of the current dredging was illegal, and you went snarky, and told me from your board seat "to call the police". You may not respect me Adam, but you and I both know that "illegal" was "acting against our governing documents", and could be judged illegal in civil court. You, sat back a few months ago, when I was just sitting taking notes, and Garrison called out in harassment to me from the board table. Did you speak up? NO, and that is why people don't want their names printed. Over 1,000 readers in a little over 24 hours, came to the blog to follow that posting. You, and the board need to go off attack mode to cover your tracks, and do a little self analysis.