Total Pageviews

Monday, July 10, 2017

SOME VERY GOOD, SOUND RESIDENTS HAVE WRITTEN THE BLOG SPURRED BY UPSET OF THE RESIDENT POSTING TITLED "THE RAG" THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER RESPONDS


Do you have information, or an opinion - agree, or not, you can email The Wedgefield Examiner at wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com.  We'll remove your name to protect the innocent, and publish it.  P.S.  If you would like your name published, please note that on your email, otherwise we leave your name out.

I've never been afraid to speak my mind in person, and in writing - yes, I'll even add a picture for you to throw darts at if that is your preference, or inclination.  I'll even answer the following questions from a resident letter published earlier today, but I'll ask a few myself.



"How do you have the right to speak for this plantation?"
I don't speak for this plantation.  I am an interested in "my home community" resident.  I have used my skills for years in this community.  I served as editor to the Wragg for 3 1/2 years, and wrote the newsletters for both The Wedgefield Boat Club, and WOW for 3-4 years, with glowing compliments from the memberships, etc. I volunteered at holiday events, cooked for large dinners, etc.  I quietly backed off each of those positions as my life like many others, got too busy, and I had some genuine concerns about club actions toward other club members, that I kept to myself.   I attend better than 90% of the board meetings, ask questions, review the board website for minutes, research our governing documents, and document what I say, because I could be sued, and documentation provides the truth, when we have so little of it here in Wedgefield.  I blog because I want what I've researched some place "for the record." After all, this board, with many of its members being in place for 7 - 9 years, have removed much of documentation to hide their moves - reduced minutes from total transcription to sanitized brevity, quit posting the tapes of the meetings, often don't answer resident letters, and avoid or attack residents who answer questions at meetings,
  I believe residents have a right to speak, be answered by our board honestly, and respectfully, and be protected - name withheld if they are afraid of this board and the community's harassment.  I'm not afraid.  The posting provided by the resident writer to the blog titled "The Rag", was documented  as they commented on each of their reviews of reports in the Wragg, from WPA records.  As for the comment about the clubs - that was their opinion, whether from what they read in the Wragg, or a first hand visit to the clubs.

I don't speak for Wedgefield.  There is no forced reading of the blog, but the readership speaks for itself - over 76,000 visits in about 5 1/2 years. I document and write. It is my right.  Have you asked anyone else what made them think they could speak for Wedgefield?  The Wedgefield Examiner concept is not new.  By the time I started it there were two other Wedgefield websites, one started by the Wedgefield Concerned Citizens, and another by a private resident.  Of the three Internet publications, the only one this board didn't take public exception to was the Wedgefield Concerned Citizen website.  It should be noted that that group so spoke for Wedgefield that they had large negative articles and pictures published in the Georgetown Times, and The Sun News.  Those articles included names of the board members of the time, many who have been involved in both of the clubs, with unbelievable statements about fellow club members. Did you write those editors and complain?  Did you write the newspaper editors?

Not long ago, four former members of the two clubs were talking to me about the lost friends from those clubs.  They don't belong anymore.  There were residents in that group discussion who had lived here over 30 years, over 10 years, etc., who had worked very hard in the clubs, and were abused by members of the clubs when they began to disagree with the actions of some who also served on the board, or committees of the board.  Yes, a couple of them were told to move out of Wedgefield, as I was today.  This is my home, and I will not be forced to move.  "How do you have the right to speak for this plantation? This is a wonderful place to live and if you don't like it just move.  Your are damaging the name and credibility of this great area."   "Did any of the club members write this to the other Internet sites, or to the Wedgefield people who worked with the newspapers?

 "If people believe your crap then who is going to want to move here?"   Since no one claims to be a regular reader of the blog, my posts are documented, so the "crap" comes right out of the board documents, or I'd be sued.  Perhaps after reading through the blog, a letter to the board is in order, notifying them that the "crap" in Wedgefield is flung by their hands.

"This is the best place to live in Georgetown."    Where else in Georgetown would a community, and a board tolerate the action depicted below, by a leadership member of one of the clubs, and her WPA board member husband?  Where else would a HOA board meet with their board member for three hours, trying to get him to take it down, and let him leave it there?  Where else would 2 of  one of your clubs' members write an article to the editor of the Georgetown Times extolling the virtues of this HOA board member, countering the offense of seeing this by a visitor to the community who complained to the editor of the newspaper about the display?  Your club leadership member drew, painted this bed sheet size obnoxious display , with my address on it, and hung it on their house, with a spotlight.  Did you want it  hung on your house with your address on it? 


It should be noted that three new Facebook sites have been posted by various groups trying to help Wedgefield.  Is this in store for them?  The question again is, have you written and asked them who gives them the right to represent Wedgefield?