Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 21, 2012

A PUZZLE, TWO APOLOGIES, A COMMENT, AND A CLOSED MEETING

I've got a lot of things in progress.  We've had the July WPA Board Meeting, a secret isn't secret any more, and now the puzzler.

Let's start at the beginning.  If we take it step by step, you may be able to solve the puzzle.  If you do will you please email the blog wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com.  Remember to note whether you want your name published with your answer to the puzzle.

First Clue:  We are all aware of the Thomas letter and the Board Secretary's call to Wijthoff.

Second Clue:  This one becomes a little more complicated because it includes the two apologies and the comment.  They all took place at the July WPA monthly Board Meeting.

Apology # One:  President Walton makes the following apology. I have transcribed it to the best of my ability.  As always, listen to the President's Report at The Wedgefield Times.  Here it is:  "The President has made a mistake resulting in an awful position.  I apologize to the Board Member and the resident for being placed in this awful position."  This is supposed (by others also) - we don't know because he starts off with December, but appears to some that he is talking about DeMarchi and resident Wijthoff. 

Apology# Two:  Secretary DeMarchi said the following during his Secretary's Report. I have transcribed it to the best of my ability. As always, listen to the President's Report at The Wedgefield Times. Here it is:  "In some matters I try to resolve issues before they become problems.  I apologize to any residents who feels I was not working in their best interests to resolve these matters.  As a business man, I have always thought...to refute allegations and innuendos.  This direct approach has not worked in our business of Wedgefield Plantation Association.  So in the future I will not attempt to resolve matters as quickly.  The issues will be brought before the Board for appropriate Board responses."  Sounded to me and others that he was speaking of the Thomas/Wijthoff debacle.

The Comment:  The comment comes under Garrison's Vice President Report. I have transcribed it to the best of my ability. As always, listen to the Vice President's Report at The Wedgefield Times.  Please listen yourself.  Garrison's voice is not as clear as Walton's and DeMarchi's and it is not my intention to mislead (I don't believe I am.).  I won't even try to transcribe his words verbatim.  He comments about several questions and comments coming to the Board.  They are trying to respond.  Then he says something about residents with personal agendas and vendettas.  I have no idea who he is talking about.  I know my questions have related to By-Laws, Policies, requests to view documents, and clarification about what was presented at Board Meetings.  Can't be me, in my estimation, but I haven't been answered when others have.  Not to name names but we all know Thomas wrote on July 9th and he got action.  Another resident R. Arm....(won't write the whole name) had a response.  R's response letter was in the Correspondence File, but his letter requesting information wasn't.  

The Closed Meeting:  This is more than a rumor.  I have at least two confirmations that it occurred.  On Friday, July 20th, a day that our WPA Office is usually closed for business, President Walton and Secretary DeMarchi met in the office with Fred Thomas.  

The Puzzlers - How Many Of These Questions Can You Answer?

*Since President Walton started off talking about something in December and then giving an apology, was he apologizing to Wijthoff and DeMarchi?

*Was DeMarchi apologizing for his actions regarding Wijthoff?

*Who amongst the residents, does Garrison think have personal agendas and vendettas?  Could it be Thomas and R? 

*Why were DeMarchi and Walton giving Thomas time, during a time when our office is closed for resident business?

*Were ALL Board Members notified and invited to the closed meeting?

*Was there any sincerity, based on Friday's meeting, in any of this?

*With all this attention to Thomas, why don't they have time to answer me, a resident in good standing, with no personal agendas or vendettas?

I've told you where to send your answers.  In the least, you should be concerned when the Board doesn't meet their own policies in responding to residents, but hand pick and give special attention to others.