Dear Madeline,
I am amazed as you are by the announcement of the meeting scheduled for July 11. Al DeMarchi must have a different set of governing documents than those posted on the web-site. I checked for closed board meetings and can only find a reference under Article VII, Section 7 to “Executive Meetings.” It is my understanding that ”Executive Meetings” may be called in order to discuss personnel and/or litigation. I am confused as to how drainage and rumble strips fit into these categories. Shame on Al and all of the Board members who continue to allow this type of abuse to continue.
One of the items that is up for discussion is the removal of volunteers from committees. Volunteers are not personnel. Why isn’t this discussion part of the regular board meeting? I certainly would like to hear how all members of the Board feel. Why isn’t the board taking action to remove Directors for violating the confidentiality agreement, code of ethics, or conflict of interest. Did the world-wide web need to know that a Wedgefield family (I will not repeat the name) was in foreclosure? Where is the common sense in posting this on an unsecured web-site?
I, too, wrote to Edmund LaFrance after the June meeting and asked similar questions to yours. I do not believe that volunteers are indemnified by the insurance company and asked for a statement from the insurance company. I also could not find any reference to signing a confidentiality agreement and asked to see previous agreements. Needless to say, my questions went unanswered. The attorney based his opinion on the confidentiality agreement based, in part, on past practice and history. Hopefully, he did some research, and didn’t just take someone’s unsubstantiated word, and would know the location of these documents.
A greater concern is the question I asked and you did not---why did we pay the management company $53,000 in the month of May. This question does not require any research, but I still have not received an answer.