Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2016

CANAL LOT OWNERS --WEREN'T WE TOLD MONTHS AGO THAT WE WOULD BE RECEIVING A SURVEY? AS YOU'LL NOTE IN THE LAST THREE POSTINGS - SOME PEOPLE ARE SPENDING TIME GOING WAY BACK IN THE BLOG HISTORY TO EXPLORE ARTICLE 3-4 YEARS OLD. HERE WE GO AGAIN, BECAUSE THIS TIME IT IS ARTICLES FROM 2012 - A LETTER TO THE BLOG FROM A WEDGEFIELD RESIDENT.

Readers, this time I had to go back and do a little research to see what was happening in Nov. 2012, when the letter provided below was sent to the blog.  As now, at that point in 2012 canal lot owners had been promised a survey from the board, surveying canal lot owners thoughts on a sub regime.  Note some of the names of board members then (listed in the letter), are the same as now.  

Remember the invitation to that special canal lot owners meeting last summer?  Then, like with survey, not all canal lot owners got a invitation.  What was even worse in 2012, was that the survey was poorly constructed - no signature line, no return date, etc.  It was an insult, and only a few responded.

HERE IS THE NOVEMBER 25, 2012 LETTER TO THE BLOG.  THE WRITER TITLED IT, "WHAT AM I CHOPPED LIVER?"

From: WRITER NAME REMOVED
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:35 AM
Subject: What am I, CHOPPED LIVER?


Dear Examiner,


When we found out that others along the canal had received their survey and we hadn’t, NAME REMOVED asked,”What are we, chopped liver?” This was all before I called you and found out you had been ‘inadvertently’ left out too. Oh, by the way, Adam must think that you provide mail service as I have not received an e-mail from him. Considering some of the e-mails that I have received from Mr. Anderson, I know that he has my address! It is my opinion that this was a deliberate snub. I’m going to the office on Monday to get a copy of the survey and I want answers as to why, once again, I was treated differently. Watch, Kathy will take the blame and I won’t believe it for a minute. Adam needs to provide both of us with the truth.


Speaking as a mathematician with experience in statistics, a survey of a select group of people is flawed when it deliberately leaves members of the group out. Did this survey leave anyone else out? I am aware of the fact that I have stated publically that I could not, and would not, consider joining a sub-association until such time as I had answers to a few questions. I asked a very pertinent question at the annual meeting--Who is responsible for the spoil site?-- and received shrugged shoulders from Adam, and the statement from Bob Garrison that the sub-association is just conceptual and no one has answers to the questions that I keep raising. Really? The clock is ticking on the permit. I have put the WPA on notice that their failure to consider the spoil site for annual maintenance is, in my opinion, deliberate negligence . Consider the money spent behind someone’s house—over $7000-- to ‘preserve WPA property.’ I was told by Al DeMarchi that the WPA had a “responsibility’ to maintain WPA property. The spoil site is WPA property. Where’s the maintenance, Al?


I was recently asked by Jacky Walton to co-chair the holiday decorating and a tree lighting party similar to the one the Wedgefield Civic Group did in 2010. When I respectfully declined, he asked why. I was frank and told him that he, as president, has allowed members of the Board to continue to send me inappropriate e-mails, make snarky comments in public—including Al’s at the  annual meeting--, ignore legitimate questions, etc. I also reminded him that we have not received an accurate financial statement in months and told him that I can’t figure out where all of the money went! He thought that we should all get over ‘this’ and move forward. I suggested that, as president, he insist that his Board make the first step. I also told him that I am waiting for answers to questions that I asked months ago. I told him that I have received personal e-mails from Al DeMarchi and Adam Anderson. I asked if I was to take these responses, incomplete as they were, as the official Board answers. HE TOLD ME NO! I received, through Edmund on WPA letterhead, a response from John McBride as the official Board answer to one of my questions. I have also informed Edmund that I am STILL waiting for official answers.


I believe that this ‘cohesive’ Board does not answer my questions because they know that they are legitimate and they are embarrassed not to have thought of them first! Their continued discrimination just makes me want to find out what they are hiding. All members of the WPA are entitled to truthful answers.


NAME REMOVED