Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2017

JANUARY 5 - AFTER POSTING A ARTICLE ON THE BLOG TODAY, I RECEIVE A RESPONSE - NOT REALLY - FROM BOARD MEMBER ANDERSON

PLEASE NOTE:  Member residents if you have a comment, or concern - agree or not, you are welcome to write the blog at:  wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com  As always, I will remove your name - any identifying information, and publish it.

Today, January 5, I posted a article on the Wedgefield Examiner about residents - two - myself, and another, not receiving answers from the board.  See the article immediately below this one.  Later today, I received the following from board member, Anderson.  I will comment in RED.

Madeline,
I was just informed of an article on your blog about me not answering resident correspondence. I can assure you I answer every letter and email that comes in. I just double checked and I do not have anything in my inbox that was forwarded to me. I will answer ANY question to the best of my ability. I have never ignored or intentionally avoided any of your letters. As much as I may think your are "fishing" for material for your blog or simply asking rhetorical questions, I will still do my best to get you an answer. As much as I may disagree with you and the way you portray the way we conduct Wedgefield's business, I will always respect your right to voice your opinion or ask questions. We are not the horrible people you accuse of of being.

As I understand your question, you want to know the total number of votes from the annual meeting? That information is on your blog. I can get you whatever information we would have in the office but I highly doubt it is any different than what you have already posted. As far as the minutes from the annual meeting, that is the responsibility of the office secretary and I am confident it will be posted soon.  If you have a procedural problem with the way the minutes are condensed or posted I suggest you take that up on a board level. Or just simply ask for a meeting or a phone call with someone from the executive committee about your concerns. Assuming that is your true goal I think you will find that to be far more productive than just slamming people online without cause.

In the future if you would like to cc me in any correspondence,please feel free to do so. I am not a coward,nor will I treat you like a sheep.


Adam Anderson

COMMENTS:
1)  My letter was emailed to the office on December 22, 2016.  Who knows why the office didn't forward it to all board members, as requested.  Additionally, today I posted two letters - mine and another resident letter without answer.

2)  I don't need to "fish", or ask rhetorical questions for the blog.  I attend about 90% of the board meetings, and listen to tapes of the meetings I miss on The Wedgefield Times. I often transcribe the board member words, and use appropriate documents to back up what I say.  Anderson's implications are no insult to me.  The blog has no secrets or hidden agenda.  Everything is out in the open.  The blog has credibility with almost 63,000 visits in five years. In fact the blog could be taken down if the board would govern openly, and according to our governing documents.  This is where my home is, and I find our governance to be an insult to good governance, sound business practice, and the cause of the deterioration of our community, and the values of our homes.

3) "As I understand your question, you want to know the total number of votes from the annual meeting? That information is on your blog."  I respectfully beg your pardon board member, Anderson.  The stat that I requested - THE TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO VOTED, appears no where on The Wedgefield Examiner, the WPA website report, or in the verbal report given by president Walton during the December WPA board meeting.  I have been following that number for a few years, with reason, and asked the question in one sentence, without accusation, when I wrote the board in December.

4) "As far as the minutes from the annual meeting, that is the responsibility of the office secretary and I am confident it will be posted soon." The minutes from this year's annual meeting will not be posted soon.  Long standing practice has been that minutes have to be approved by the board before posting, and annual meeting minutes from this year won't be approved by the board until the 2017 annual meeting.  My December letter to the board does not ask about the annual meeting minutes.  Here is my second question - "Why haven't the minutes from the September 2016 meeting been posted on the WPA website, when all the other months have been?"

5) "If you have a procedural problem with the way the minutes are condensed or posted I suggest you take that up on a board level. Or just simply ask for a meeting or a phone call with someone from the executive committee about your concerns. Assuming that is your true goal I think you will find that to be far more productive than just slamming people online without cause."  I did take my questions to the board in the procedural manner that all residents are advised to use.  I did email the board office requesting that my email be distributed to the entire board, and a copy be placed in the correspondence file.  I will not phone the board members, executive committee, or ask for a special meeting.  I am no different than anyone else.  I expect my board to follow the rules, and I follow the rules, no matter how I get jerked around.  There are far too many private phone calls, and closed meetings.  I find that to be illegal.

6) "In the future if you would like to cc me in any correspondence,please feel free to do so. I am not a coward,nor will I treat you like a sheep."  I requested that my email be distributed to the entire board - you included.  You, and the board have a problem in following procedure, governing documents, and supervision of the WPA office.  I am not a scape goat to the numerous problems of this administration.  No one any where called you a coward.  I do feel that you have answered in a nasty, accusative fashion, without review of exactly what happened.  You have not mentioned the fact that today's article also included letters from another unanswered resident.

JUST IN CASE THERE IS DOUBT THAT THE EMAIL WAS SENT.  HERE IS THE ACTUAL COPY FROM MY SENT FILES:


Date:
Thursday, December 22, 2016 9:10 AM
From:
mclaveloux@sc.rr.com
To:
Wedgefield Office <WEDGEASSOC.COM@frontier.com>
Subject:
TWO QUESTIONS FOR THE BOARD
Please distribute to the board, and place a copy in the correspondence file. 

Board, 

Please indicate the total number of people who voted in the 2016 election. 

Why haven't the minutes from the September 2016 meeting been posted on the WPA 
website, when all the other months have been? 

Thank you for your time. 

Madeline Claveloux