Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2017

WHY DOESN'T THE BOARD ANSWER ALL RESIDENT LETTERS? MAYBE THEY HAVE DEVELOPED A DO NOT RESPOND LIST!



This posting includes two letters from a resident - one notifying me that the board hasn't responded, and a copy of the resident letter to the board, hand delivered to the office on December 6, 2016.  It also includes a copy of my own resident letter to the board sent on December 22, 2016, and my comments on the blog posted on December 22, 2016.

I am publishing these communications to the board because I find it ridiculous that this board appears to feel that they can ignore residents selectively, to suit their agenda and their tainted view of their responsibilities as board members.  Note that the other resident is informed that board member Anderson may get back to him/her, but "some board members have jobs".  Good?  Bad!!!!, because they signed up to handle the JOB as board members to do a complete job according to our governing documents.  Most on this board are in their 2nd and 3rd terms.  They surely would have thought about their time commitment to their day jobs,  each time they ran for office.  It appears that their JOBS only become an issue when they don't want to answer, because they have plenty of time for their often private - not spoken about from the board table - agendas.  They treat the residents like sheep.


Date:
Wednesday, December 14, 2016 1:37 PM
From:
NAME REMOVED
To:
mclaveloux@sc.rr.com <mclaveloux@sc.rr.com>
Subject:
Fw: Incidents in Wedgefield...... please read......thank you.
Hello Madelyn,

Just as a follow up.  No one from the board ever responded to my email.   I did go on the WPA Office on the 6th (DECEMBER!) to get candles for the luminaries and inquired as to whether someone would contact me.  I could tell by facial gestures that my email was not appreciated.   I was told by the new secretary that Adam "may" get back to me, but was also informed that some board members have jobs.  

I have no interest in pursuing this with the board any further..... they are a waste of my time.   They complain when residents don't  participate, but ignore them when they do..... can't have it both ways people.   But I get it!!!!     

NAME REMOVED

HERE IS THE RESIDENT LETTER TO THE BOARD

From: NAME REMOVED
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2016 8:22 PM
To: WEDGEASSOC.com@frontier.com
Subject: Incidents in Wedgefield...... please read......thank you.

Hello HOA Board Members.

I sent the following email to Madelyn Mclaveloux in response to a posting on her blog regarding an incident that occurred in Wedgefield this past Saturday, December 3.....  My intention was to make the people of Wedgefield aware of suspicious activity in our community and hopefully to be vigilant about safety and share experiences.  Please read my email below carefully and let me know if there is a police community liaison I can contact regarding my concerns.  

I've been silent about these incidents for weeks/months... and I can't keep quiet any longer.  My concerns need to be brought to someone's attention for the safety of our community as well as our future because let's face it..... if Wedgefield is no longer a safe environment for people to live in, the community suffers and declines. 

I am wondering why there is no police presence in this community?  I've been living her since September 2015 and have never seen a patrol car go by.    Is there anyway we can get patrolling?   Security at the gate?  Neighborhood watch groups?  Cameras?  Someone in law enforcement to meet with residents about safety concerns and incidents?   Safety standards need to be raised, improved, and well known to those who come into our community to prey upon the residents as well as those who live in the community and take advantage of the good nature of the majority and laid back environment.  

Please respond at your earliest convenience.  

Thank you for your time.....

NAME REMOVED

HERE IS MY LETTER TO THE BOARD & SHORT ARTICLE PUBLISHED ON THE BLOG REGARDING THE LETTER - SENT DECEMBER 22, 2016

I, as a private resident, have sent a letter to the board, with just two questions.  I had a question from a resident that sent me to the WPA website, to verify for myself, that I was answering the question properly.  My research caused me to ask my own questions.  

First, I reviewed the election results, after hearing a report from president Walton.  His report, like the posted report, did not include the total number of people who voted.  I've been following that number for a few years, and it is usually provided.

Second, while on the site, I checked to see if the posting of approved minutes was up to date.  I noticed that the minutes from the September 2016 meeting were not posted, despite the fact that the months before, and after had been provided.  I spoke during one of the 5 minute slots available to residents each month, during the September 2016 board meeting .  It has been a year or so, since I spoke last, but each time the speaker provides their discussion in written form to be included in the minutes, and it is posted with the minutes.  I've been waiting for the posting.  Where is it?   We'll see what the board has to say.

HERE IS MY LETTER TO THE BOARD:

"Please distribute to the board, and place a copy in the correspondence file.

Board,

Please indicate the total number of people who voted in the 2016 election.

Why haven't the minutes from the September 2016 meeting been posted on the WPA website, when all the other months have been?

Thank you for your time.

Madeline Claveloux"