Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A RESIDENT WRITES THE BLOG WITH A QUESTION ABOUT SOME OF THE RECENT BOARD ANTICS

AFTER THE MINUTES, AND FINANCIALS DISAPPEARED FROM THE WPA WEBSITE, AND THE TAPES OF MEETINGS HAD ALREADY BEEN REMOVED - I'M DECLARING GROUND HOG DAY IN WEDGEFIELD, AND ASKING WHO CAN GET US OUT OF THIS GOVERNANCE HOLE?  WILL THE HANDLERS COME FORWARD, PLEASE! 
***************************************************
Do you have information, or an opinion - agree, or not, you can email The Wedgefield Examiner at wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com.  We'll remove your name to protect the innocent, and publish it.  P.S.  If you would like your name published, please note that on your email, otherwise we leave your name out.
****************************************************************************
HERE IS THE RESIDENT EMAIL:
Hi, Madeline.

Isn’t there some sort of state office that oversees homeowner’s association boards?  There must be some regulator who we can report these blatant abuses to? 

I provide a response below, but I forgot to remind the writer that the first option is to get rid of these board members.  Those who have the concern need to vote them out, and get to meetings, and ask questions on the record - in person & in writing.

HERE IS MY EMAIL ANSWER BACK TO THE WRITER:
I just know that you are reading the blog by the question that you are posing.  There is no governing state agency that oversees HOA boards.  Trust me, over the years, I and many others have searched.  Dependent upon what the board is fracturing in the moment, at times there are state agencies.  I, and some others, at times have made complaints to consumer affairs, etc.  They will contact the board, but regardless of what they find, they don't have the power to bear down on them.  I've contacted DHEC (I had started by contacting the governor's office) when they had a costly mismanaged project a few years ago, etc.  I have an article that gives you two names  of interest, because they are again working on legislation to help homeowners trapped in an HOA mess like ours.  I will reprint the article.

THE WRITER WRITES BACK FOLLOWING MY RESPONSE: