Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2012

MY RESIDENT RIGHTS ACCORDING TO THE BYLAWS ARE DENIED

ON MARCH 21 I WROTE THE FOLLOWING TO THE BOARD:

Board,

I'm aware that legal steps are being taken regarding "curb man".  It has been well over a year that my family has lived with the curb.  Often it is unsafe for us to back out.  Vendors, repair people, etc., working at the (I named the resident in my letter to the Board but I've taken it out  here.) premise park on the street away from the curb.  It puts parked cars/vans near or over the center of the road.  Last week was the worst.  At some point we had vehicles parked on both sides of the road.  I don't know how cars get through.  We also have children who skateboard down the road.  I have no complaint about them but when you are backing out it is almost impossible to see them when cars are parked as they are.  This is an accident waiting to happen.  When cars are parked on the other side we have to back at an angle into flower beds.

My main concern is safety.  I don't want children hurt or one of my family members.  Who knows how long it will take to settle this. How long will the curb be there?  Our residence is impacted more than others.  I've written several times.  I'd like to come in and review the correspondence file.  I'd like to visit the office on the 22nd.  Can I just drop in during business hours to review the file?

Respectfully,

Madeline Y. Claveloux

______________________________________________

THE BOARD RESPONDS:

March 22 Per Al DeMarchi

"I have 10 days to answer you and at this time it is denied.  Please provide a list of dates and subject of correspondence you would like to review and you will be emailed when it is ready."

___________________________________________________

MY IMMEDIATE RESPONSE TO THE BOARD:


Board,


Since when is there a ten day hold?  Since when is the correspondence file off limits?  How do you as individuals, or Board Member DeMarchi get the authority to deny me access?  See ARTICLE XII, BOOKS AND RECORDS, Section 1:  "All books and records of The Association may be inspected by ANY MEMBER, or his agent or attorney, for any proper purpose at any reasonable time."


In the past anyone has been able to review the file.  IT IS ONLY WITH YOUR BOARD THAT THESE DENIALS TO ACCESS HAS BEEN INITIATED.  I want a concrete, according to the By-Laws answer.  My proper purpose could have been that I want to make sure you are keeping it up to date.  Is that the problem?


Please respond as soon as possible.


Not with that much respect,


Madeline Y. Claveloux

___________________________________________

More secrecy?  I initially wrote with respect and genuine concern.  I pay my dues like every other member, on time, every time.   You'll note as usual my concerns weren't answered but the swift hand of denial of my rights under the By-Laws was. Stay tuned.