Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 24, 2016

THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER CELEBRATES 55,000 VISITS TO THE BLOG IN LESS THAN 5 YEARS




The Wedgefield Examiner was established on November 1, 2011.  The development of the blog was driven by the fact that no one would seek information, verify fact, and put it out.  

*The dredging was completed, and meetings had been held under police security.

*The president of the board had punched a resident leaving the WPA office, after a meeting.  He was arrested, and jailed overnight.

*The president was video taping certain residents, and we were told the sheriff suggested it.  The sheriff supposedly denied it.
When I asked to review the tapes, I was told they were the property of the president, yet taken during our monthly meetings with the president directing the camera man to get that one.  

*The president, and a number of the board members publicly threatened two female board members with jail time.  The women were both business owners in the community.  The women hadn't done anything, like the video taping, it was a ploy of certain board members to force them to resign, so their vacancies could be filled by these foul board members.

*The president of the board requested that the paid office secretary erase a portion of the official meeting tape.  When questioned by one of the only decent board members, he finally confessed that he had made the request.  His plenalty?  He got moved to a different position on the board.  

*During my tenure on the board things got so bad that we had to have security at all meetings, because the group that had sued the board had people in the audience at every meeting, yelling, and threatening, and sneaking the press into our member only meetings.  Shortly after I was off the board, and a audience member who hadn't ever done anything during the meetings, I spoke out loud from the audience floor, when the president said something totally unacceptable from the board table.  One of the presidents co-horts called 911 and reported that Madeline Claveloux was inciting a riot during the WPA board meeting.  Not less than 3 sheriffs cars arrived.  The officers never spoke to me as they roamed the room.  I had no weapons, hadn't left my seat, and was over 60 years old.  The next day I went to the appropriate office, and asked to hear the 911 tape, and see the report.  There wasn't one.  Later, a board member told me that he was in the office when a officer called the board member, and told him NOT to ever call them again.  Pretty scary right?  Where else but Wedgefield could this happen?

There is more, and more, as bad and worse.  If you are new, or have forgotten, go to the bottom of the blog, and start reading in the archives.  The articles are formed from direct transcription from the meeting tapes, and documents.  Yes, opinions follow, but it is my blog, and I won't live this way without an attempt at informing, or making things better.  Such as it is, this is my home.  Do you know that when we went for depositions that the lawyers on the other side were having my blog printed out daily?  Afraid of being sued?  Not much, if you seek the truth, and document it the best you can, what can anyone do about it?  A few times this board has staged people to get up at the end of the meeting, and yell about the blog, and tell me that it has to come down.  It doesn't shake me up, because I consider the source, and if you live in squalor (legal squalor), and won't do anything about it, that is your problem, not mine.  I have often told the board that if they'd only do the right thing, I'd be able to close down the blog.  I don't see that happening soon.  So the count on the blog continues.  If you find it offensive, don't read it.  I just keep wondering why, if you find it offensive, you don't try to do anything about it.

Finally, I'd be remiss if I didn't note, that three board members on the current board have been here since the inception of the blog, and have been co-horts to much of the few items listed above.  They are our legal chair, grounds chair, and president.  They don't stand up to the challenge.  They've become the challenge, and harass and get rid of any newbie's that might have helped change things.  The rest....they bring into the fold.

Stay tuned.