Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2016

THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER RECEIVES A LETTER FROM A NEW RESIDENT CONCERNING WEDGEFIELD, AND THE BOARD

The following letter has been sent by a concerned, new resident to Wedgefield.  As always, I have removed the name to protect the innocent.  If you have comments, you are welcome to send an email to:  wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com.

Thank you for your comments on the Wedgefield Examiner site.

My husband and I moved into Wedgefield less than a year ago and are very disappointed in the current lack of maintenance that affects each and every homeowner there.  We understand that it is absolutely pointless to try to get things changed as our board is firmly entrenched and running their own ship.  Certainly wish I had known this prior to purchasing in Wedgefield.  That being said, it seems there should be numerous options for at least changing the current predicament related to the golf course and lack of amenities, including resident purchase, county purchase (for use by the schools), separate purchase of the golf course and tennis courts/pool.  Our community will die if we don’t continue to draw young families.  That certainly will not happen with absolutely nothing for the children at Wedgefield.

I suspect I am like most others in that I don’t want to get wrapped up in bickering with board people who have no interest in what I think anyway.  If there’s something I can offer that keeps me away from that mess, I am more than happy to participate.  

In the meantime, I appreciate your efforts on behalf of our community.  If there were a bunch of you, then things might change.

Best,