Total Pageviews

Friday, June 22, 2012

UPDATED -THE JUNE 19TH WPA BOARD MEETING, PART I, THE PRESIDENT'S REPORT

NOTE:  A reminder to you, if you didn't attend the meeting, or require clarification, GO TO THE WEDGEFIELD TIMES and LISTEN TO THE TAPE YOURSELF.

CONTACT THE BLOG: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com Be sure and note whether you would like your name published with email.

The President's report was brief.  President Walton reported we were drawing near completion of the transition with William Douglas, our management company.  It should be complete by July 1st.  He took a few minutes to clarify what portions of collected past due accounts William Douglas would receive.  The Wedgefield Examiner received clarification on the subject and it is contained in a previous article.  We won't go over that again.

As I was listening to the report a resident sitting near me quietly, pointed to the finance report to the payments received by William Douglas, to date.  The Expense Sheet indicates that William Douglas received $2000.00 in April, and $53,000.00 in May, for a total of $55,000.00.  How can that be?  Will you write the Board for an explanation?

I don't recall the exact figure, but I thought as I sat in a meeting when their contract was approved, that I heard a contract figure under $35,000.00.

I have two concerns.  First, why weren't we given more detail on this contract.  Two, I asked the Board to post the contract on the WPA website and received a verbal explanation at the time that at first glance was OK.  After thinking about it, discussing it with others, it comes down to this.  Why can't a contract awarded by the WPA, in a genuine competitive bid process, be posted?  All of our contracts, should be competitive bid.  Does that mean we should be kept in the dark?  I don't think so.

I wrote the Board already this week.  This weekend I'll have to write, ask about the expense, and ask if I can at least come in and review the contract.  I'm afraid we are being kept in the dark on too many major issues.  Finally, remember I supported the idea of a management company.   I just would like some answers.   When will it mean enough to you to attend meetings, write the Board, and share the answers?  If you have written the Board and received an answer, please share the information.

UPDATE ADDED JUNE 23, THE WPA MAY EXPENSE REPORT: