Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WILL YOU ATTEND THE JUNE 19TH WPA BOARD MEETING?

Mark your calanders now and plan on attending the June 19th WPA Board Meeting.  The June Agenda is provided below, for your convenience.

Here is a list of items I discussed in a previous article.  I had hoped they would all be covered by the June Meeting.  Review them, look through the agenda and see for yourself whether we will be provided information on all of the items.

Here are some of the opinions that should be coming our way:

*A possible option for the long term maintenance of the canals. The committees involved had to hold the information regarding what the option was - confidential. I personally don't think it should have been handled that way. If you are going to keep residents in the DARK, I wouldn't do it for too long. Suggestion to Board: I'd push for this opinion in writing and provide it, and an explanation to the residents. I wonder what the Concerned Citizens would have reported to the newspapers about secrecy?

*Legal options were to be sought on some of the proposed changes to the policy manual.

*McBride made a motion regarding the Confidentiality Agreement. Legal opinion was to be sought on some aspects of that. After the show Garrison put on about confidentiality at the May Board Meeting, I think this would be answered sooner than later.

*The Board is paying $7,500 to fix 60 feet of bulk head on canal frontage the Association owns that borders a resident's property. There are 4 or five other properties where the Association owns the frontage and the Board spoke of quit claim deeding the property to the residents involved. Will they give us the opinion on this issue in June? One of my wisest friends asked me the other day if I thought the Board had a right to give away Association property. I don't know, do they?

*The final piece that requires clarification is the Arbors.