Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

IT IS TIME TO PRACTICE WHAT I PREACH

This will be short, but sweet.  I believe that those who fail to try are left with nothing.  Today, I submitted my Nominee Resume to run as a candidate for board to the WPA Nominating Committee.  Personally, I don't think that I can be elected to dog catcher, despite the fact that I can do the work, and will do it openly, honestly, and with integrity, and disciplined behavior.  I am willing to at least put my head on the chopping block, for my community.  I will continue to serve as editor to The Wedgefield Examiner up through the annual meeting.  I offer the blog to any other candidate who wishes to send information, opinion, etc., as sent.  I will not be the first resident operating a opinion site to run for board.  If elected I will suspend operation of The Wedgefield Examiner.  Will you take the chance?

Here is my Nominee Resume:

Nominee Resume


Name  Madeline Y. Claveloux______________________________________________

Address  168 William Screven, Georgetown, SC 29440_________________

Phone  843 546 2355_______________________________________________________

How long at Wedgefield     12 ½ years______________________________________

Briefly state why you would to serve on the Board, what work, life or education experience you bring to the Board, and the committee or committees you feel you would enjoy working on.

I would like to serve on the board because I love living here, and believe that Wedgefield is at a critical crossroad, and I believe my experience, and dedication to following our governing documents, and willingness to give the time, and listen to the concerns of residents, while holding to my board responsibilities, can help serve my community.  Experience:  former board member, served as secretary of the board, community liaison, and member of legal committee.  Over 25 years of non-profit administration working with boards, board attorneys, contracting accounting, and audit professionals.   Held professional staff positions of associate executive director, and executive director.  As executive director of an agency dealing with federal, and state contracts, operated 3 main centers spread throughout the state, and at times, as many as 2-3 additional temporary centers.  Developed budgets, and managed them, up to $10,000,000 a year, dependent on the number of temporary centers. Managed contracts to provide services to both management, and union staff.  Possible committees:  Compliance, Legal, Finance.

Note:  The above information will be used on Ballot an in publications where WPA announces the candidates for the Board.