Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

A RESIDENT SPENDS 4 YEARS BATTLING THIS BOARD ABOUT VACANT LOT MOWING

IS THIS ONE OF THE CONDITIONS YOU'VE BEEN LEFT WITH BECAUSE OF YOUR BOARD'S POOR LOT MAINTENANCE, AND FAILURE TO FOLLOW OUR GOVERNING DOCUMENTS!  

Do you have information, or an opinion - agree, or not, you can email The Wedgefield Examiner at wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com.  We'll remove your name to protect the innocent, and publish it.  P.S.  If you would like your name published, please note that on your email, otherwise we leave your name out.

Since our board doesn't report what they are up to at meetings, and deny that some residents even wrote, often don't answer the inquiring resident, and if the resident asks about their correspondence at a meeting, they are verbally attacked, I asked to review the correspondence file when I visited the WPA office yesterday.  Obviously, my privacy, and yours is important.  I took down a few notes yesterday, and I'm publishing some quotes from the correspondence, that show just how sad things are.  We are in trouble, and I am tired of the lies, omissions, denial of fact of true circumstance, from this board.  Their illegal moves - on a grand scale, are too big to deal with in today's posting.  I have removed names, and any other identifying info to protect the residents.

HERE IS A JUNE 6TH LETTER TO THE BOARD REGARDING LOT MAINTENANCE:

"As many of you are aware, I have written to you several times over the past four years since we bought our home here, with concerns about the maintenance of the vacant lot in front of our home.  I have had to go so far as withholding my annual HOA payment to get someone to take action on this lot.  I am not going to again discuss my reasons for concern about this lot over growth - you are all fully aware of the risks and consequences to adjoining properties."

Later in the letter:  "I will no longer tolerate the flagrant dismissal of the covenants and restrictions when it comes to this neighboring lot.  It is not reasonable for you to expect me to continually contact this association about routine maintenance. Please be advised that I will no longer be requesting maintenance on this lot through this channel.........I will contact my attorney and we'll do this the expensive way."

COMMENTS:
The following comments are mine, and not to be cast on the writer.  First, there was no answer from the board provided in the correspondence file.  Surprise, surprise!  Additionally, there was no mention any where in the June meeting that a resident had threatened a lawsuit because of your board's incompetent handling of these issues.  This resident has a history of nailing this board about this issue.  Thank you resident!  About a year ago, the resident wrote the board and had put his HOA assessment in an escrow account until the board took care of this lot.  Garrison laughingly mentioned that at a board meeting exclaiming that he couldn't do that.  I printed the resident letter then, and reminded you all that those statements were our legal chair - Garrison, talking out of both sides of his mouth.  In 2009 he, and two others authored a letter to the membership telling them to put their canal assessments in escrow at Anderson Bank.  He wasn't on the board then, but he was making wild claims about the board involved with the last dredging.  He didn't care what it would do to our association.  Now, he's the board, and he is laughing at his own advice.  Oh, I forget myself, he is dredging to, but this time it is illegal.  
  

Residents you have to start sharing these kind of things with others instead of sitting by and letting your board retaliate against them, while spending our funds illegally.  Hello, canal lot owners??????