Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

MY VISIT TO THE OFFICE DELAYED, WITH GOOD REASON, I ACCEPT AND OFFER A NEW DATE AND REQUEST ANOTHER DOCUMENT

Earlier this week I sent a letter to the board requesting the opportunity to review documents.  I also asked for a response from the board, to a question.  The letter is published in the article, "A LETTER TO THE BOARD - A REQUEST TO REVIEW RECORDS AND A QUESTION."

I received the following from the office.  It is reasonable.

---- Kathy Phelan <wedgeassoc.com@frontier.com> wrote:
> Madeline,
>
> Thursday the 6th would not be a good day for me. I have a doctor's appointment
at 8:15 and most of the time it runs to 9:30- 10:00 AM. I have informed the
Board of my appointment.

I sent the following response and asked to review a few more documents.

PLEASE PLACE A COPY IN THE CORRESPONDENCE FILE AND DISTRIBUTE TO THE BOARD

Kathy & Board,

First, Kathy I hope all goes well with your appointment.  I would be happy to
change my appointment to Friday at 10:00.  I have appointments later in the day
on Thursday.

ADDITIONAL REQUEST:
I would also like to review the contract for the replacement of dock # one at
the landing - recently completed, and the file that would show who approved
payment on the invoice and payment for the completed work.

Purpose of request:  Members were told that the contractor would pull the old
dock onto the shore, as part of the contract and expense for completion.  Yet,
the old dock resides in the canals.  I've gone back and listened to the tape of
the meeting when the motion to contract was discussed and approved by this
board.  I've transcribed the tape to the best of my ability. I want to review
what the contract said, compared to what the committee chair said would be done,
and whether the contract was written and work completed, and exactly what we
paid for, and who signed off for payment.  It appears there are discrepancies.