Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 25, 2012

RESIDENT JUDE DAVIS ANSWERS SECRETARY DE MARCHI

 Anyone is welcome to write to The Wedgefield Examiner via email: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com. Remember to note whether you would like your name published with your article. The option is open to anyone who writes.
 
 
Mr.De Marchi,
Thank you for educating me on additional uses for the word pander. I never meant to accuse you of soliciting sexual favors. Quite frankly, that definition never crossed my mind and I apologize.
Why did you and your attorney decide to take the sexual definition as opposed to the political when my e-mail was quite specific? Let me quote : I hate to think that this was an attempt by a member of the Board running for office to pander for votes, but that is exactly what it looks like. Pandering for votes is unethical.
There are many definitions for pander. According to several sites, the most common usage is political. In my mind, pandering, especially pandering for votes, means:
Pandering is essentially a reaction of panic in elected officials who must either tailor their views to public opinion or risk losing their existing or potential seat.
When you pander to people, you cater to their needs because you want something from them. A good example is a politician who says what the voters want to hear, to get their votes--politicians pander to voters. The verb pander is used in a negative way to denote the behavior of someone who has ulterior motives or just wants to indulge the person to whom they are pandering.
With all of the ugliness in this Plantation since 2009, no one has interpreted ,until you, anything said to mean something sexual. You twisted what I said and used an archaic and seldom used definition for pander to threaten me. You, and others on the Board, have tried in many ways to silence anyone in the Plantation who asks questions. What are you all hiding?Threatening legal action is nothing new. You continue to be a disappointment.
I stand by my original statement:
Pandering for votes is unethical
Mrs. Davis
Ms. Davis:
I quote, "In the State of South Carolina, pandering is illegal. According to the criminal law of the State of South Carolina, pandering includes the following acts:
  • procuring a female for a house of prostitution
  • causing, inducing or persuading a female by threat, violence or promise to become a prostitute
  • receive anything of value to become a prostitute
  • accept money or something of value from a prostitute
  • aid, abet or knowingly participate in any of the acts listed above"
Based upon legal advice I have received, you are bordering on slander. You have wrongfully accused me of "pandering" for votes, which in South Carolina suggest some form of sexual illegalities. You have publicized this accusation in writing to the Wedgefield Plantation Board of Directors, and also posted this to an internet site for public access.
If you persist with your distortions of the truth, inaccuracies, and false criminal accusations, I will seek legal recourse against you.
I am writing this based upon the recommendations of my attorney and trust this will put an end to your accusations.
Alan A. De Marchi