Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

RESIDENT WIJTHOFF WRITES TO FELLOW RESIDENTS, DE MARCHI, AND MOROBIT

Anyone is welcome to write to The Wedgefield Examiner via email: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com. Remember to note whether you would like your name published with your article. The option is open to anyone who writes.




Date: October 4, 2012

To: Mr. DeMarchi, Mr. Morabit, and Wedgefield Residents

From: Taco Wijthoff

RE: Recent correspondence of subdivision of lots

To my friends: Thank you very much for the outpouring of support you have given my family in hard times. Your letters and uplifting phone calls are much appreciated. I wish, though, that some information could have stayed private.

How did we get to this point? Several months ago I requested that the board research the subdivision of several lots in our PUD. For months, Mr. A. DeMarchi and the board of directors failed to address my concern. I and other residents had to readdress our concern to the board and ask the board to have the resident who owned the property to fix the problem before the elections in order to avoid another chaos.

Al finally found out what was wrong. It was exactly as I had told him. He went to the resident. It was me who brought the problem to light and requested that it be fixed. I did it through proper channels, never publicly naming the resident. Yet, now Al is obviously Mr. Morabit's best friend and I am the bad dog.

This is the second time in three months that Al DeMarchi has tried, and succeeded, in dragging me through the mud. In the first attempt he had Mr. Jacky Walton supposedly apologize to me at the beginning of a board meeting (you can listen to the tape). Is Al not able to offer an apology himself? Does he have to assign it to another board member? I have the best teacher the world has ever seen. So, I turn the other cheek and forgive him. Al has been many times at my house, we have been at his. Al makes the best cheese cake anywhere. I had the feeling that this was a true friendship with mutual respect. One wonders what causes a person to behave this way. He was a friend and at the snap of a finger, disrespects and hates you. I do not understand.

To Mr. Morabit, I can say we have never met. I do not know where you get your information. As for me, I would never send a letter to you like the one you publicized. I did not use your name and I tried to help. I've seen by your own admission that you sent more letters like this, even to DeMarchi, for which you later had to apologize. Do yourself a favor and look before you leap next time.

As for my being a "mud" person, you and I are both businessmen. I was happy to pay the assessment on my wife's house on the canal. I was glad not to have to pay equal assessments of $2,300. I'm sure you realize, as a multiple lot property owner, what that would have cost both of us.

Now there is talk about my lots at the Arbors. Again, this is a situation caused by a previous board and to be resolved by the board of directors, and legal opinion, according to our governing documents. What I want is of no consequence. I do not know where you get all your garbage from, but it does explain your rage.

Enough has been said. My motives are not what your might have been told. If you ever pass through our beautiful plantation Wedgefield, maybe we can have a beer summit together.

Sincerely,

Taco Wijthoff