Total Pageviews

Monday, October 15, 2012

UPDATED OCT. 15TH (NOW TWO PARTS) A FIRST FOR THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER


Anyone is welcome to write to The Wedgefield Examiner via email: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com. Remember to note whether you would like your name published with your article. The option is open to anyone who writes.


PART I:

The Wedgefield Examiner always includes a statement telling our readers that they are welcome to respond to an article.  To date,  I have published every email sent to the blog.  I do not comment on the opinion.  I publish it as it was sent.  Not today.  I will not disclose the name of the writer.  I have emailed them (below) and asked for clarification.  The writer made statements about candidate Wijthoff, an issue with lots & votes, without documentation.  Writers to the blog provide documentation with their opinion, or I have witnessed the actions, or reviewed documents, regarding the topic that they are discussing.  Not the case today.  The writer claims (amongst other things) that The Wedgefield Examiner is part of Wijthoff's "team". Read what I have to say about that.  If there is a "team", I can't find it.  When the writer provides documentation I'll be happy to print their letter.
 
 
October 15, 2012

 

 
I have received your email addressed to Taco Wijthoff, WPA Board, and The Wedgefield Examiner. As Editor of the Wedgefield Examiner, I stand by the statement that if you have an opinion you are welcome to send it and it will be printed, with or without your name. Your recent letter presents unusual circumstance to The Wedgefield Examiner as it contains unsubstantiated statements. The Wedgefield Examiner provides back up to statements that includes actual documents, transcription of tapes - including reference to the tapes, and actual minutes, etc. To date, I have printed every communication that has come to the blog. I have printed items that are substantiated either by documents I have seen, Board Meetings I have attended and saw and heard, or by the writer’s provision of documents. I hope that you will take the time to provide the following clarification.


*Your email is peppered with numerous references to “Taco’s team“, or “they” or “them“, referring to the team, and at least once - The Wedgefield Examiner, as though Mr. Wijthoff’s approval has been sought by the blog. First, you’ll note that anytime The Wedgefield Examiner suggests supporting Taco Wijthoff that a disclaimer always follows stating that Wijthoff has not asked for endorsement, and The Wedgefield Examiner has not sought his approval. Simply stated, no one directs me. The blog belongs to me. Anyone who knows me, knows that I will not bend, let alone be lumped with an unknown “team”, or directed by Taco Wijthoff, or anyone else.


Please provide documentation regarding the “team“. I know as Editor of The Wedgefield Examiner, that I am not part of the “team“. Who is? When was the “team” organized? Has the “team” sent out any election propaganda? If so, please reference or provide it.


*I have personally reviewed many documents regarding your lots. I am not an expert. Please clarify the date when your lots were recognized by the county as four single family lots. What year did you begin paying property tax on four single family lots?


*I, as the Editor of the Wedgefield Examiner have sighted numerous instances when the WPA Board has failed to serve in the best interests of Wedgefield Plantation residents. It is my opinion supported by all the documentation listed above. Again, Wijthoff has had no part in my documented writings. Please provide a list of serious accomplishments, achieved by this Board. I’ll be happy to publish them with appropriate documentation.


*I ask how you can speak to harmony, a positive approach, and moving forward in a positive direction, when you call 81 independent lot owners the equivalent of mud hole people? Interestingly, two of the candidates you support come from the canal mud hole lot owners, does your endorsement make you part of their team. Do they approve of your writings?


I look forward to your documented response. In the recent past, I have been sued by people who called names, made false claims- no documentation, and waged a long costly lawsuit, while tearing up my community. As Editor of The Wedgefield Examiner I refuse to play a part in harming anyone, including Taco Wijthoff. To my knowledge, he is his own person, true to his beliefs, and willing to work to make our community strong. I can’t imagine any “team” directing him to harm anyone, let alone the residents of the community where he lives and has invested. Again, I have not sought his opinion or approval on my correspondence.


Sincerely,

Madeline Y. Claveloux

Editor, The Wedgefield Examiner

PART II - A RESPONSE FROM THE WRITER PRODUCES NO CLARIFICATION:
The almost immediate response from the writer to the blog follows.  Read through and you will note that they are unable or unwilling to provide clarification. This is obviously a person who can't back up what they say.  It is exactly the reason I asked for clarification.

This individual speaks from both sides of their mouth.  They write,"It is sickening how backward and negative the current process continues to fester. This is a war on Wedgefield which has to stop. Who would want to live in this environment? Who is enjoying this madness? Our property values are declining, and the negatives are fully apparent outside of Wedgefield. This is not good!" Yet, he/she has been a part of a "team"  ( spoke at a Board meeting for the team) that has threatened lawsuit aganist this very Board, noting in writing that if the individual Board Members failed to vote as directed that they would be sued.  This person doesn't live in this environment.  They own property here but don't live here.  They rarely attend Board Meetings.  Yet, they claim they support this Board.  Where more double talk comes in is that they wrote the following in the letter I refused to print without clarification, " (name removed) and I will vote for the other three highly qualified candidates (Adam Anderson, Alan DeMarchi, and John Walton), and so advise our fellow residents to vote in your opposition."  They can't back up what they say, and support Board Members for re-election that they threatened to sue.  Do you want to follow this team's endorsement?

HERE IT IS:

Ms. Claveloux,


Thank you for your hasty response, and all your reasons for not publishing my letter to Taco. I would not have expected anything different, but I certainly respect your wishes. Please determine for yourself who is the ‘team’, ‘they’, ‘them’…. In the longer run, this ‘team’, whoever it is composed of, will lose! More objectively, Wedgefield needs to win!


Privately speaking, there are just a few folks who may want to continue the destruction of Wedgefield with what I call ‘Mud Hole Politics’. This does not encompass all the 81 canal lot owners which you, as editor, wrongly associate. I do not place many wonderful people who live on the canals into this group, in fact, many canal lot owners are embarrassed with the tactics that involve such poor, nasty, and divisive policies. In the long run, the many battles that are promoted may be won or lost, but for certain Wedgefield will be the loser. It has suffered the continuing attacks on its board members, its clear division, and negative exposure to the community outside of the plantation. Why wouldn’t you as editor consider a more constructive approach, and help lead us to a more unified strategy with more common objectives? Why not motivate Taco to better use the power of his 31 votes? Why wouldn’t he lead this community in a different direction? You may be surprised with the potential outcome, and the potential support for needed canal maintenance!


It is sickening how backward and negative the current process continues to fester. This is a war on Wedgefield which has to stop. Who would want to live in this environment? Who is enjoying this madness? Our property values are declining, and the negatives are fully apparent outside of Wedgefield. This is not good!


Madeline, please change the ‘spin’ as editor of your blog. I think you may come to enjoy the beauties of Wedgefield, instead of the unsightly effects of the ‘Mud Hole Politics’ that permeate the atmosphere. We are all human beings trying to live our lives without turmoil. Unfortunately, such policies provoke adverse reactions to result in further discomfort. Someone has to break the ice!


Try it, you may like it!


Respectfully,