Total Pageviews

Monday, March 10, 2014

6 DAYS ON THE COUNT DOWN WAITING FOR PRESIDENT WALTON TO ANSWER ME, AS A RESIDENT, AS TO HOW HE COULD HAVE BID, AND ACCEPTED A CONTRACT TO FIX THE WPA GATE HOUSE. AFTER REVIEW OF RECORDS, "FIX" COULD APPEAR TO BE THE CORRECT WORD.

PRESIDENT WALTON, IF YOU'D JUST GARNER ENOUGH ENERGY TO LIFT YOUR HEAD UP, STAND PROUD, AND ANSWER THE CONFLICT OF INTERESTS QUESTIONS, IT REALLY WOULDN'T TAKE THAT MUCH EFFORT, IF YOU BELIEVED YOU DID THE ETHICAL THING

Today, March 10th I went to the WPA office to review the records I had requested to review and copy, on March 4th.  I don't have time to take you through the back and forth.  The one thing you should remember is that in the flow of information, your board, violated the very state law, that
De Marchi had sent me months ago, regarding review of records and copies.  They instantly established a new policy denying, you, me and even board members, copies of records, swiftly, and without discussion at the board table, and could appear to be designed to discriminate against me, because I'm asking too many of the right questions.  What is President Walton, and your board afraid of?  Well I've had a glimpse, no copies, and it could appear the situation is as bad, as I've felt it is.  As you move through the information, that probably will take more than one article, remember, that Community Liaison Anderson, sent me an email last Friday, telling me the records were ready and waiting for my review.

In regard to the Gate House Fix, I had requested the Request for Proposal, the bids, and the contract.  Note, in advance that what follows is not a criticism of our paid staff person, Kathy.  I received a folder containing the three bids.  None of the files I was initially handed included the contract, or the Request for Proposal. First, I asked where the request for proposal was.  Kathy checked files, and then made a phone call.  After the phone call she advised me that it was coming over a machine.  It was a one page document more # specs than words.  There wasn't a date on it.  Kathy told me it went out on letter head. Not, one portion of the document included specifics like, MUST BE RETURNED IN A SEALED ENVELOPE, NO LATER THAN, WITH A DATE AND TIME.  This could indicate that it wasn't mailed, which would leave the door open to telephone calls being made by De Marchi to the bidders, with his verbal instructions. 

I then asked where the contract was.  Again the files were checked and the document couldn't be found.  Kathy told me that she thought it might be with President Walton for signature.  Again, she called someone, and then handed me President Walton's bid, as the contract.  It was just his bid.  No letterhead, no signature lines for contractor or board member, no start date, no total amount of contract, no information as to how the contractor would be paid.  

I took a member witness because I wasn't allowed copies.  I made sure my witness at least looked at the documents, because it was the only verification, I would have as I make the appropriate complaints.  Frankly, with what I reviewed in the lack of real documentation, this smells of conflict of interest, and a cover up.