Total Pageviews

Monday, March 10, 2014

THIS IS YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT OF THREE, NOT TWO ARTICLES POSTED ON MARC 10.

I returned from my visit to the office.  See the other two articles, now 3 articles for today.  My husband suggested to me, human as I am, even though you might not believe so, that we go out and get something to eat.  As we drove and I thought about the day, a few key items surfaced.  Were my writings on the blog fair?  Had I looked and considered enough the signing of a required policy manual document, before declaring "Conflict of Interest"?  Had I declared a "selfie" much like De Marchi who had claimed that as Compliance Chair, President Walton should be sent a bid and the board had been right in approving a contract to the President of the Wedgefield Plantation Association, who had signed a Conflict of Interest Statement, basically saying that if he had a business, he couldn't profit through it?  I thought about the actions of MOST of this board.  I reviewed the documents I had been allowed to review, but not copy.  Then I thought about this, one of the key links in this is COMPLIANCE CHAIR, De Marchi.  I thought of what expectations you should have as a resident, viewing what the board had required of board members to sign, and act appropriately,  "Conflict of Interest".  Board members are volunteers.  At times, you are volunteers, in a number of capacities.  I thought back to De Marchi, and his apparent considerations of you, as a volunteer.  Under De Marchi, we don't know where the Compliance Committee, or job description for the committee came from, he organized an effort, bless him, to review all the Policy Manual information and bring it up to date.  It should be noted of the two people, who served on the committee, that I talked to, they couldn't recall how the Compliance Committee came into play.  Your board can develop new committees.  It would seem that in the least, they would bring discussion to the board table for discussion and approval.  They haven't.  Yet, this very committee, without any concrete relation to previous Policy Manuals, I've reviewed, supposedly found a Confidentiality Agreement, that all volunteers must sign.  During that time, I asked DeMarchi, because I was unable to find such a document in previous Policy Manuals, where that came from?  As I visited the office to review the document, he, himself, told me, that it was "found" on letterhead.  That's an explanation, worthy of inclusion, and demand that I, and you sign, in order to help the association????  Yet, if you believe it was a document, when you sign it, if you transgress, in the world according to this fickle board, what will happen to you?  Should we, you, me, and the board, demand that you hold to your signature?  I believe so.  I believe, when your board puts pen to paper on a document, "Conflict of Interest", that YOU decided to follow the dictates of the document, and live up to it.  President Walton, Legal Chair Garrison, and for certain, Compliance Chair DeMarchi, have failed to.  What is worse, is so has President Walton, heightened by the fact that he hides under the desk of his presidency and won't stand up and answer.