Total Pageviews

Monday, April 10, 2017

A RESIDENT WRITES THE BLOG & THE WEDGEFIELD EXAMINER SHARES THE RESPONSE

It is time to stand up, and let other residents know that you are concerned.  Your comments, agree or not, are welcome, and will be published without your name.  Send your emails to:  wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com

HERE IS THE RESIDENT LETTER:
Hi, Madeline.

I appreciate your blog today; you are so correct that the apathy has got to stop! 

In speaking with a neighbor the other day I learned that Bob Garrison is not a resident of Wedgefield.  That is just incredible to me!  How in the world can a board member not reside in the community he is supposedly governing?  I would have looked at the By-Laws to see what the rules are about that, but of course they are not on the website.  Another thing that surely has got to be against the laws in place.  I couldn’t help remembering that Bob Garrison told the residents at the board meeting in February that unless they had paid their dues prior to the end of January, that they were not in good standing and therefore unable to comment at the meeting.  So a person who lives in Wedgefield who might be a month behind with their HOA dues can’t stand up and speak at a Wedgefield board meeting and yet the person who is in charge doesn’t even pay any dues because he doesn’t live here?  Please help me understand the logic in this!

HERE IS MY RESPONSE:

Good to hear from you!  Let me help here.  Your neighbor has it wrong.  Garrison owns two properties here.  The one his home is built on, and the lot immediately adjacent.  He probably is in good standing - dues paid.  I would think that the misunderstanding by your neighbor is that Jacky Walton - Pres., doesn't live here.  He has homes outside the association.  He does own a condo here - maybe more than one, that he rents.  So even he, has rights through ownership.  It has long been a criticism of him that he doesn't live here, but he is legal under the by-laws.  Your neighbor, I'm sure intended good in their apparent concern about how we are governed.  Hope this helps!.  If it were true,  I would be all over it.  Take care.  I appreciate you.


COMMENTS:
I know - fairly new contact- this resident.  The individual is a bright bulb in Wedgefield's darkness and decay.  They are trying to figure out how to help get this board out of here, or on track with decent governance.  I put the letter up because it indicates that residents are talking, and trying to figure things out here.  I was part of their research.  The board wouldn't give me credit for clearing up misinformation, but I often do.  I also sent one more email to tell the resident how to access the by-laws on the board website.  They are one of the things that is provided.  Keep moving, researching, and working to help Wedgefield before we reach the place where we can't turn things around.