Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

WHAT WERE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT THE BOARD AND THE GOLF COURSE TUES, HOURS BEFORE THE WPA BOARD MEETING?



WEDGEFIELD RESIDENTS HAD THESE THOUGHTS ON FB TUESDAY, PRIOR TO THE BOARD MEETING
As always, names have been removed to protect the innocent from the ugly wrath of board member Garrison, from the public board table.  


Ok, so Im just gonna put this out there and Im sure there will be a debate....however, AM I the only person in our neighborhood so very worried about the county taking over Our Pool?? What is Usually OUR Beautiful and relaxing Pool that we privately pay for and enjoy? Never overcrowded and most of the time maintained and clean. I fully understand the golf course and tennis courts. There are Pros and Cons for All. But Our Private Pool?? Ive rented County parks on the weekends before for birthday parties...and guess what? County workers Do not work on the weekends...guess what that means?...whatever happens on Friday afternoon or Saturday is left ALL WEEKEND! I'm beyond worried about this and feel as if our Private, Clean relaxing Pool days are Long Gone 😞 One of the reasons we bought in Wedgefield for for the ability to have a Private Membership to a Private Pool.

Comments
If I understand it correctly, people would still have to buy memberships to use the pool, tennis courts and golf course. The $500 tax assessment would cover your membership, but you would still have to pay a cart/greens fee to play golf. Again this was my understanding and I may be totally wrong.
Like · Reply · 2 · 18 hrs


 1st the county thing is not a done deal. We as a community have to vote yea or nea because we will be a special tax district. With the increased traffic we should ask consessions from the county for road repair and county police patrols. It is my understanding that the county will have the right to build homes once they own it. So when the golf course fails again-What?
Like · Reply · 2 · 18 hrs


If that were the case, I wonder if there would be restrictions on what could be built...apartments??? I would prefer the HOA owned it
Like · Reply · 12 hrs

 I pay enough taxes if someone can't buy it or the hoa doesn't want anything to do with it I would rather it shutdown permanently when the government local or otherwise gets a hold of anything it's not good period
Like · Reply · 7 · 18 hrs


 I am diametrically opposed to encouraging any type of involvement in the golf course from any government entity. Period.
Unlike · Reply · 4 · 18 hrs


I realize that completely, however, I assume it will probably be much cheaper than a Private pool.. because it's county affiliated which means A LOT more people for not a huge space which sounds nice but I'm trying to be realistic in what happens in Georgetown when anything is used alot and Not maintained. This is not a slander to the county or anyone. It's a fact that East Bay, and South Island parks Are NOT Kept up on a regular basis. Again, I am only speaking about the Pool.

Like · Reply · 13 hrs

My understanding is that those outside Wedgefield would pay twice the dues as those living here. I'm not arguing for or against, just relaying information as I understand it. If something isn't done our property values will continue to plummet.
Like · Reply · 3 · 13 hrs


 Pool memberships have always been available to those living outside Wedgefield. Anyone can join who is willing to pay.
Like · Reply · 6 · 17 hrs


 Everyone needs to be at the Board meeting tonight to voice their concerns and ideas.
Unlike · Reply · 4 · 17 hrs


 THANK YOU ! EVERYONE SHOULD BE THERE, AND ASK YOUR QUESTIONS DURING RESIDENT COMMENTS, SO WE CAN ALL HEAR THE BOARD'S ANSWERS.

 I am out of town but my vote for government involvement is no
Unlike · Reply · 4 · 14 hrs


 Who authorized our exalted board to jump in bed with the county. Something smells.
Unlike · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs