Total Pageviews

Friday, April 14, 2017

A VISIT TO MY BACK YARD, AND QUOTES FROM RECENT RESIDENT WRITINGS, FORCE ME TO SAY "LISTEN UP RESIDENTS - GOLF COURSE, CANAL, OR CONDO OWNERS - PARTICULARLY IF YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL YOUR PROPERTY



It is time to stand up, and let other residents know that you are concerned.  Your comments, agree or not, are welcome, and will be published without your name.  Send your emails to:  wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com
THIS ISN'T HUMOR, YOUR BOARD IS TELLING YOU THAT THEY'VE MADE WEDGEFIELD EXPENSIVE POODLES, AND COUNTING ON YOU BEING THEIR SHEEP


"WHO IS THIS BOB CHARACTER", AND ANOTHER SECRET MEETING OF THE BOARD

A POSTING FROM FACEBOOK ABOUT WEDGEFIELD (Writer's name removed.)
"Why doesn't the HOA buy it and increase the annual assessment to pay for it. If the county buys it we would be over run with a ton of undiserable people. Who authorized this "Bob" character to talk to the county on behalf of Wedgefield residents."
A QUOTE TAKEN FROM A RESIDENT LETTER TO THE BLOG PUBLISHED ON APRIL 12TH
"I heard that the board met last night to discuss a plan for the county to purchase the golf course.  I'm not sure if the county was involved or if the board met to devise a plan to ram down our throats about how great it would be to have a PUBLIC/Municipal park in our backyards. "

FOR THE SECOND TIME IN TWO WEEKS, A POTENTIAL BUYER OF PROPERTY IN WEDGEFIELD SHOWED UP IN OUR BACK YARD

Yesterday afternoon, as I was working in my gardens, a stranger asked if he could ask me some questions, about living in Wedgefield.  He introduced himself, stated he was from up north (he gave the state), and said he was considering two properties on the canals.  First, for those of you who have properties for sale, I wouldn't do anything intentionally to spoil a sale.  I told the man to ask his questions, and I'd answer them.  Mentally, I told myself not to go any further than what he directly asked.  He asked if the assessments were about $50 a month?  Yes, billed annually.  Is it safe here - how is the crime?  I feel safe living here - few petty things here and there, but safe.  Do I like it here?  I love the beauty of the nature here, and the quiet.  How many paid staff, number on the board, and are they paid?  One paid part time staff.  Nine board members with three year terms, and no payment.  He heard canals were to be dredged, are they well maintained?  They've been dredged twice, lawsuits resulted, and the board states there is a plan to maintenance dredge, under a canal lot owner voluntary pay plan.  Voluntary?  Yes, the last dredge.  (Note to readers:  Board member Anderson's letter to the blog:  ""The permit expires in 2018 and then it's over. Done! It will never be dredged again if we fail."
"If this plan fails, there is no plan B. It’s over, and your water access behind your home will be no more." "Our plan gets this done in 18 months and give us 10-15 years of usable enjoyment out of the canals. ")  Situation with the golf course?  Up for sale for the fifth or sixth time in the 13 years I've lived here.  General maintenance?  Single homes pay for their own services, and the board contracts common ground care.  Sir, rather than take this any further, I suggest you drive from one end of the association to the other, and determine how you feel about the appearance.  He asked about the longevity of various properties near me, as it related to ownership.  I answered to the best of my ability.  Did I intend to stay here?  Yes, I love the quiet, water access, etc.

I hope you aren't put in this position.  I did it carefully, and kept my association politics, and concerns out of it.  I didn't tell him that I wouldn't buy here again, and I would repair my home but would not improve it, or that the board is destroying our beautiful association.  I didn't send him to the blog.   I WON'T LIE TO PROSPECTIVE BUYERS.  IN THE LAST YEAR I HAVE HEARD BOTH GOLF COURSE AND CANAL LOT OWNERS SAY, "THIS ISN'T WHAT WE WERE TOLD WHEN WE BOUGHT OUR HOUSES"  I'M IN THE WEDGEFIELD TRAP CREATED BY THIS BOARD - SOME FOR 7 - 9 YEARS, BUT THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE LURED IN.  HOWEVER, IF I WANTED OUT, AS SOME OF YOU DO, I WOULDN'T WANT PEOPLE GOING BEYOND ANSWERING QUESTIONS CAREFULLY, AND THAT IS WHAT I HAVE DONE.

GENERAL COMMENTS ON THE QUOTES POSTED ABOVE:
"Who authorized this "Bob" character to talk to the county on behalf of Wedgefield residents." This "Bob character"  appears to be Bob Garrison, seven year - eight year board member, who your President has appointed Legal Chair, Compliance Chair, and your misguided board elected as vice president.  I'm not going over his unscrupulous management of all things legal (hardly the word to describe his actions), or the fact that he appears to control, and be spokesperson for any and all board matters.  President Walton is nothing more than a compliant figure head.  

Residents, you are the rest of his compliant crew unless you unite, get rid of him, and the rest of this board, or at least stand up, and be counted, and get some control here.  No matter, what you think is the answer to the golf course situation, make a stand and be heard.

"I heard that the board met last night to discuss a plan for the county to purchase the golf course."  If there was a meeting - gathering of the board, without notice to us, and opening it to us, it is illegal according to our governing documents.  I'm not dragging all that language into this article again.  This board does this far too often.  Did you write, and challenge them any of the other times?  Did you quickly gather a group of residents, and go stand outside the door and ask them what they thought they were doing?  Invite me next time if you've tried that.  The board is running this place - our home - Wedgefield, closed doored, usually against our governing documents - project to be discussed included, in their own individual interests - usually "Bob's long term goals", and we are all paying the price with loss of value  to our properties, decay of the living circumstances of our daily life in our community, with a constant insult to our individual brain power, by the board.  

If you are a canal lot owner, don't pay another dime toward the board's illegal, dead end plan.  Don't open your door to the committee when they come calling for money.  

If you are a golf course owner, make your wishes known.

If you are trying to sell property, help clean this mess up, before your potential buyers start knocking on our doors.