Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 15, 2017

ANOTHER RESIDENT LETTER ASKING YOU TO CONTACT BRIAN TUCKER, DIRECTOR OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FOR GEORGETOWN COUNTY, ABOUT THE GOLF COURSE


It is time to stand up, and let other residents know that you are concerned.  Your comments, agree or not, are welcome, and will be published without your name.  Send your emails to:  wedgefieldexaminerthe@yahoo.com
Madeline,

(Brian Tucker's contact information below).

I received the Wragg today and I'm not happy with the tentative plan the board and county has developed behind homeowners backs.   

First of all, I think I may have to consult with my lawyer regarding the legality of the show of "strong support" that is conceivably being forced on residents in regards to the county purchase of the golf course.  

1. The facilities, using the golf course.   I don't play golf or tennis and I have no interest in swimming in a municipal pool that has a high chlorine content to kill the bacteria that comes from various bodily discharges.    I didn't move to Wedgefield for the sporting activities, but the privacy, security, the rivers, close proximity to the beaches, and as I would soon find out, the good neighbors.    Getting back to the privacy factor, I purchased this home knowing the golf course was a private entity.  I would not have even considered purchasing a home in this plantation if it was backed up to a public park.   What recourse do I have with the HOA?    They're not delivering on what I agreed to, privacy.
2. Can the county legally impose a fee or tax on us for a "public" municipal park just because we happen to live by it?      Why are we expected to fund this facility for the residents of this county?   Where's the fairness in this mindset?
3. A thousand dollars a year for a golf membership is pretty good, and fairly cheap.  Is this representative of the quality of service and level of maintenance the grounds will receive?  

We are about to put our privacy and security in jeopardy if we cave into the board.   The government could soon be part of our lives, like it our not.   Do you want a municipal park in your backyard or a play land for city residents at the entrance of Wedgefield?  Do you think this deal is worth an increase of $500 a year assessment, potentially more based on the wording in the Wrag.    I'm not even sure what we get for our $525,00.  


Don't let the board represent you or your concerns..... they will spin it to fit the needs of their agenda.  I am recommending that the residents of Wedgefield write Brian Tucker. Director of Economic Development for Georgetown County, 716 Prince Street, Georgetown, SC 29440... a letter, (immediately) and voice your concerns or call him at (843) 545-3163.  Or as our good friend Adam Anderson did, perhaps you want your letter published in the Georgetown Times.    Let the county know you don't support this half baked plan.