Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING LAST NIGHT'S BOARD MEETING, A RESIDENT ASKED ME IF I WAS AFRAID, OR CONCERNED THAT BOARD MEMBER GARRISON'S NEXT THREATENING ACTION TOWARD ME WHEN I ASKED QUESTIONS, WOULD BE TO HIT ME. THEY SAID THE BOARD MEMBER CAN'T SEEM TO CONTROL HIMSELF. HAS THIS BOARD BROUGHT US SO FAR DOWN THAT RESIDENT'S FEAR A BOARD MEMBER WOULD STRIKE A RESIDENT AGAIN?

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!  I'M NOT CONCERNED!  BOARD MEMBER GARRISON WILL CONTINUE HIS WRATH, HIS VERBAL PUNCHING  AT ME, AND ANY OTHER RESIDENT THAT QUESTIONS THE BOARD, AND RE-QUESTIONS THEIR HALF BAKED ANSWERS.  HE IS JUST THE BOARD BULLY!  IF HE LIKES WHAT A RESIDENT SAYS, HE CAN BE REAL SWEET!  YOUR BOARD DOESN'T EVEN TRY AND STOP HIM.  I'LL TAKE THAT BACK, THE BOARD CACKLER BREAKS THE TENSION IN HER OWN LESS THAN STERLING BOARDMANSHIP!

What happened?
Throughout last night's WPA meeting, I sat quietly listening, and taking my notes.  There were statements made during the meeting in the golf course report about 3-4 named residents, Garrison, and I believe president Walton, meeting with the county, and the real estate company representing the golf course sale.  Additionally, in another section of the meeting, it was reported that there would be a survey, but not everyone would be surveyed.  During that discussion, board member McMillin, got up from the board table, and handed the resident sitting along side of me a type written sheet of paper, and went back to his seat.  While I have no way of knowing for sure, I thought it could be
 a copy of the very survey, that not all of us would see.  They aren't going to survey everyone members.

At the end of the formal meeting, president Walton opened the meeting to resident comments.  Several members raised their hands, introduced themselves, provided their address, and asked their question.  I raised my hand, and was called on in reasonable order, went through stating my name, and address, and asked my question.  Residents, when I'm standing, and talking, I can't take notes, so I'll give my best effort in reporting what I asked.

I started by saying that my question could be considered combative, but that that wasn't my intention.  I asked how certain residents had been included in the golf course meeting with the county and Garrison, president Walton and the real estate agent. I asked how residents get included.  He said he didn't invite the people who attended.  I explained that he represented all of us - like us, or not,  and many of us had questions.  He asked me something about how I knew that.  I told him I knew because people were contacting me, and writing to me.  We all had rights to know.

They moved onto other questions, and I continued writing notes, as people had questions.  Out of the blue, from the board table, Garrison says, You better get that right - the truth.  I told him that I was sick and tired of him harrassing me from the the board table, and in fact a few months ago when I had a  question, and another board member began to answer, that Garrison interrupted, and stated that he wouldn't be that nice to me.  He then said that yeah he did, and what was I going to do about it.
Before I could answer him, board member Cline started that cackling again, and I told her she could stop that harassing cackling from the board table.  She stopped the cackle, and I believe president Walton pounded the gavel.

I've relayed this to the best of my ability.  In the past, I would have gone to the official tape of the meeting, and transcribed it - word for word. YOU NEED TO BE CONCERNED, THAT AFTER YEARS OF THE TAPED RECORDINGS OF MEETINGS BEING POSTED ON THE WPA WEBSITE, THAT THIS BOARD HAS DECIDED WITHOUT DISCUSSION AT THE BOARD TABLE, TO REMOVE THAT OPTION FROM THEIR WEBSITE.  I CAN'T EVEN SUGGEST THAT YOU GO TO THE TAPE OF THE MEETING!

Today, I had another call about Garrison's treatment, and expressed concern, and the comment, that that is why they don't usually attend meetings.  I watched Garrison treat the resident on the 10 months journey of the shed repeatedly this way at meetings.  That "what are you going to do about it", is a fighting phrase, a confrontational phrase.  Remember, I was just sitting writing - no words to the board - no side bar conversations with anyone near me.  There was no reason to come after me like that!  What is worse, is that the board, and our president allow it - sanction it, and for the most part let him serve as spokesperson - the answerer of all questions - well except for the cackler.

If you are new here.  You'd question why the resident last night feared violence from a board member.  Jacky Walton, Garrison, McMillin, were all on the board, when a board president had acted like Garrison regularly, verbally attacking anyone who questioned, sucker punched a resident exiting a board meeting.  Police, para medics, etc. were called.  The president was hauled off to jail, stayed overnight, had to post bond, and was criminally charged, and plead guilty.  The board then, including those noted above, did nothing to remove that board member, nor would they bring security back to the meetings.  I'm not afraid of Garrison, or his words, or that he will hit me.  

As to Garrison's question "what am I going to do about it"?  I'm going to keep attending, researching, and writing.  Why?  As I've told the board many times before, I could shut the blog down, as soon as they governed openly, honestly, in the best interests of the association, under our governing documents.

OTHER STORIES TO FOLLOW REGARDING THE MEETING!  STAY TUNED.