Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A RESPONSE TO MY CORRESPONDENCE TO THE BOARD - NOT REALLY!

If you follow the blog, you know that I have been waiting for responses to my questions for over 10 weeks.  The Board hasn't answered on critical issues.  The management company hasn't answered.  They both have a new tactic. The management company doesn't recall which of my questions haven't been answered.  The Board doesn't recall either.  Secretary DeMarchi states he thought I answered most of my own questions.  What kind of communication file exists at the offices of both of these entities?  I believe the files are probably fine.  Neither knows how to speak to the fact that they appear to have intentionally ignored answering my questions, and others, while leaping to respond to some. 

FROM MR. LA FRANCE, MANAGEMENT COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE:

Dear Mrs. Claveloux
>
> If you have not already been informed, the BOD has received your by-law
> amendment change recommendations and are currently in the process of
> submitting them to legal for review.
>
> On another note the Board has agreed to set some time aside at the next
> board meeting to discuss the issue you have with the confidentiality
> agreement. 
>
> It is my understanding that over the last couple of weeks you were provided
> some time to meet at the office and review documents and correspondence. If
> at this time there are still questions that you have on any of the topics
> that you have brought to the boards attention please submit them through me
> and I will get any answers that you may still have on certain topics.
>
> Over the last two months there have been a great deal of requests and
> questions sent to both the board and myself. As a result certain emails,
> questions, or requests may have been over looked.  As we continue to go
> forward and I become more familiar with this process, response time will
> improve. My goal throughout all of this is  to work with both the board and
> the community members as best I can.  Have a good day. 
>

>

>
> Thanks,
>

>
> Edmund LaFrance
>
> Property Manager
>
> William Douglas Management

I'M NOT BUYING IT.  MY RESPONSE:
Thank you for your response.  I am surprised that you and the Board are unaware
of the questions that remain unanswered.  I have sent two pieces of
correspondence, over eight weeks ago.  My questions would be easy enough to
review and note those that have been answered. I believe it is about zero.  They
have been on file at two locations (yours and the WPA Office) for over eight
weeks. As to the Confidentiality issue, I am not aware of any discussion by the
Board scheduled for the August Meeting.  I have requested the opportunity to
speak at the August Meeting and been advised that I will be able to speak in one
of the two resident slots, provided by our By-Laws.  While I don't understand
the confusion of what has been answered, I will resend my original emails
Thursday AM and note whether I have received any response.  Secretary DeMarchi
stated that it was his understanding that I had answered many of my own
questions.  He's correct in this respect, I searched By-Laws, Minutes, Policy,
etc., wrote my answers, published them to the Board and The Wedgefield Examiner. 
To date, no one has told me whether my answers stand, or not. 

Residents go back and follow the correspondence debacle on this blog.  It APPEARS to me that your Board MAY have been dictating who gets answered and who gets ignored.  If that is the case, then your Board better tell you what POLICY FORMULA they have reviewed, voted on, and set into policy. We should all know WHO DECIDES. It is almost election time and three seats are vacant.  We don't know who is a candidate, or not, but you may have to consider whether you'll vote for some of these Board Members again.