Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ANOTHER CONCERNED CITIZEN RECEIVES IMMEDIATE ATTENTION FROM SECRETARY DE MARCHI

Today, August 14th, I went to the office to review the correspondence file.  I didn't find everything that should have been in there.  I'll report about that later.  However, at a time when many have not received answers, once again Secretary DeMarchi jumps when a Concerned Citizen -  Zieske writes.  She doesn't write the Board, just DeMarchi.

On August 6th, subject:  Board Seats, Zieske writes the office with this note, "Kathy, Would you please copy this to Al DeMarchi."

"Al, I believe you have the wrong number of seats posted as open for the next annual meeting.  Anyone that was appointed during the year must run for election as well as the three people that have their three year term up.  I believe it should be 5 openings. Check it out.

Just to hopefully help."

Zieske then quotes the by-law.

Al DeMarchi leaps into action.  He writes Kathy at the office:

"Kathy, I thought we checked this out a long time ago.  I had asked about the positions and time remaining.  Please GET WITH JACKY WALTON (DeMarchi capitalizes his demand.) and check this out.  If there is a question, please call Carol Z. and ask how she came up with this number.

I believe the number 3 is correct.

Al"

You know how I feel about DeMarchi's preference for serving the Concerned Citizens above all his rules and policies.  Additionally, I was secretary in 2009 and running for the Board.  I handled development of the packet, training of volunteers, etc. but never touched or had contact with a proxy or a ballot.  With that said Zieske's cohorts went ballistic before and after the election.  To my knowledge DeMarchi is a candidate.  Why would Zieske be so anxious to help him, without question to his being a candidate, and Secretary working with the annual meeting?  The other side of the double standard is DeMarchi leaps when she beckons!

After I got home, I thought about all of this.  I called Jude Davis.  She has since sent the following to The Wedgefield Examiner:

Madeline,

I received another phone call shortly after you and I spoke concerning the same thing—how many positions are up for election this year. While I do not want to impugn anyone’s intelligence, it also doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that we will have three openings this November.


McBride, McMillin, and Kline were elected in 2011 for three years and have two more years on their terms.

Garrison, Walton, and Barrier were elected in 2010 for three years and have one more year.

Al DeMarchi was elected in 2011 for 1 year and his position is open.

Walton and Anderson were appointed and therefore their positions are open.


I understand that the individual claiming that we have five openings wrote directly to the Secretary and received immediate action---again, different strokes for different folks. Shame on Al for not knowing how many openings!


Jude
First, thank you to Jude Davis.  Second, residents keep following.  You are going to be put in a position of considering who you will elect?  You might ask yourself, who will represent you, who will even answer you, will they even bother to operate fairly?

Anyone is welcome to write to The Wedgefield Examiner via email: wedgefieldexaminer@yahoo.com. Remember to note whether you would like your name published with your article. The option is open to anyone who writes.